Most aggresive fish u ever had

Xenia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You people are scaring me with all this talk of evil clowns! I just picked up a carpet anemone, and a female clarkii. They are chilling in my frag tank while I make some mods to my display tank to accommodate the nem. I thought the clarkii would be good to keep other fish away from the nem, and I don't care if it nips at me. But if he's going to kill other fish, that be bad. Am I making a mistake? Once he's in my display, it would be very hard to get him out.
I hope you have a big tank, my most agressieve fish whas a 18 year old clarkii female, when i whas standing in front of the tank she whas watching me, when i moved my arm she would swim to the botten, when i had 1 finger in the water she would rush up and bite me, she could bite so hard i lost blood !

I then bought some yellow gloves that didnt help, she bit a hole right into it,

After almost 13 years alone (previous owners) i bought a smaller clarkii an they hooked up right away, i hoped my days of pain where over, but i whas wrong !! Yeah she owned the tank.
They should change the film finding Nemo into nemo finds you !

Dolphin2409

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t remember what type of fish it was and it wasn’t in my tank but I saw a movie based on a true story about a mean fish a good while ago. The fish itself was called Jaws and my best guess is that it was a tang that didn’t have enough swimming room. He was super ticked with everybody - if you put your hand in the water it bit your boat in half!!!!

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you have a big tank, my most agressieve fish whas a 18 year old clarkii female, when i whas standing in front of the tank she whas watching me, when i moved my arm she would swim to the botten, when i had 1 finger in the water she would rush up and bite me, she could bite so hard i lost blood !

I then bought some yellow gloves that didnt help, she bit a hole right into it,

After almost 13 years alone (previous owners) i bought a smaller clarkii an they hooked up right away, i hoped my days of pain where over, but i whas wrong !! Yeah she owned the tank.
They should change the film finding Nemo into nemo finds you !
Yikes. My tank is pretty big, 6 feet long, 240 gallons. How big was yours with the clarkii?

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes. My tank is pretty big, 6 feet long, 240 gallons. How big was yours with the clarkii?
In a 240 you have no concerns and honestly if it became a problem you could add a large semi-aggressive fish that gets quite big and they'll practically never leave their nem. Non maroons only get attacky like that when the think they own the tank.

Coinzmans Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powder Blue tang

Edit: The last time I had a Powder Blue I tried to add a fish after him, the chase lasted two days and two nights with literally no breaks. I can't recall the last fish but he had to be removed to my other tank. The Blue was in the tank about a year +/- when I tried to pull this off.

Last edited:

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep regular clown fish. Scared the crap out of me the first time he bit me. But , my sailfin tang would let me tworal him around with my finger that was before I knew about the razor in there tail.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to saltwater so a female clown was my most aggressive. In freshwater I had M’bunas; really aggressive little things !
Don’t get me started on those little maniacs…
Pound for pound the most aggressive fish out there.

ultraArcite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You people are scaring me with all this talk of evil clowns! I just picked up a carpet anemone, and a female clarkii. They are chilling in my frag tank while I make some mods to my display tank to accommodate the nem. I thought the clarkii would be good to keep other fish away from the nem, and I don't care if it nips at me. But if he's going to kill other fish, that be bad. Am I making a mistake? Once he's in my display, it would be very hard to get him out.
I've heard that an anemone hosting them makes them even more aggressive

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back