Most FUN fish to watch in your aquarium?

Overall do you consider your fish to be entertaining or kinda boring?

• Entertaining

Votes: 601 88.4%
  • Kinda Boring

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 16 2.4%

• Total voters

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame hawfish. While all the fish are entertaining, he just has such a great personality. Whenever someone enters the room he finds the highest perch to check us out (sometimes this could be a thermometer, cleaning magnet or even the end of a gyre).

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female clown is a lot of fun to watch. Even if she tries to kill my every time I put a hand in the tank…

FD52A64F-6485-43B1-AE99-025D6F1F8D9B.jpeg
I have had one for about 11 years ( clown ) even though it has the entire tank to itself, it never moves from its territory of about 32 square inches, and wont come near me. I have 2 in my new tank were very small when I bought them. At feeding time even though the 2 tanks are about 20 feet apart, they all get exited. Even my yellow tang darts in and out of the rocks. It is very shy. When I put my thumb, and first 2 fingers in with food in them, one clown who is now 4 times the size of the other, and is the dominate one literally attacks my fingers. It even rushes, and does a body slam and tail sweep to dislodge the food. The other hangs back, and waits for scraps. If it dares to approach the large one chases it off. When I go to feed the tang with seaweed that's when things really go crazy. Yesterday I let someone else feed them. They swam to the end of the tank, and would not come over

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dottybacks are extremely fun to watch. The way the move in and out of rocks, they are extremely smart as well. Great fish to own.

I like to own fish with character. I hate stupid fish. That is why cichlids always have a place in my house.
I had 20 after years of close calls, and deaths all of them were breed in captivity. I recently lost them all due to bloat ( here I could not get the anti biotic I needed in time, due to government making pet stores take meds off of the shelves ( thank goodness for amazon ) after a few weeks of pouting, I am ready to start again ( Malawi yellows )

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have same problem with my female. For the last few yrs I haven't put my hand too far into the water without the long coralife gloves on.

Curious, what kind of damage will she do? Mine snapped at my about 6 times in 3 sec, scared me and I yanked my hand out. Will she actually cause damage?
You will die a quick death lol

DannoOMG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vetteguy53081

I'm new to the hobby. That is the nicest tank I've seen. I love how it is a dense jungle of corals.

I can't really comment on which fish is the most entertaining. I lost my 6 line cause I think his tail got zapped by the powerhead. He was interesting. Right now I love watching my Ruby Dragonette. I guess the midas blenny would be next. He really loves grazing around the tank and shakes his butt while doing so.

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it fun to watch my dragon wrasse attack rocks and dig in the sand. My Royal gramma is entertaining as well. I have a large Caribean blue tang that knows a fish lives in a rock and he likes to put his body in front of the grama's cave. However the Grama has other ways out, so he'll swim out and be searching for food in completely different spots while the tang wags his tail at the cave making sure the grama doesn't go anywhere. The antics the fish do to maintain a pecking order are entertaining.

yourmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same! too bad I cant turn mine out in the yard, be one heck of a watch... fish!
I got a new clown recently and have never had problems with them before. Always read everyone else’s comments and wondered why they complained about clowns so much. NOW I KNOW! This guy will hunt me down without fear and try his best to murder me.

yourmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What fish is the most fun for you to watch and why is that?

2. Overall do you consider your fish to be entertaining or kinda boring?

Clowns really are like little labradors, although my new one is more of a Rottweiler/GSD. My bicolor blenny, Tommy Twotone, is the laziest pile of fish I’ve had and it helps that he speaks with a Sopranos-esque NY Italian accent.
But I think my favorite pair is the YWG/pistol shrimp combo. Those two are so fun to watch work! I also could watch my conchs for days….

Overall I absolutely consider my fish entertaining!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to say, EVERY SINGLE fish in my tank at some point. Watching my 6 tangs fight over dominance is always a blast. Seeing them flash and chase each other off is funny, WHILE, my Blonde Naso tang is sitting their chilling and knowing he will be the boss down the road. Watching the wrasses chase each other, and, my Divided Leopard wrasse going along doing her thing and looking for pods without a care in the world is funny as well. THEN, watching my Blue/Green Chromis spawn is always funny, and afterward chase off the other fish in my tank knowing the tangs can simply kick them to the curb, AND YET, they still try to defend their clutch of eggs. It is always a blast to watch as it constantly changes from day to day.

Last edited:

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hands down Winner

pacific seahorse GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium
Are Sea Horses entertaining? I was thinking they just sit and do nothing all day? I'm debating a Seahorse tank in my office. A 38-45 gallon AIO tank. Maybe some soft corals and decorative macro algae with 2-3 sea horses? Are they entertaining?

My main display is a 340 gallon mixed reef with 26 fish. So debating something completely different. I was unsure there'd be enough activity to make them entertaining...

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Sailfin Tang “Joe” It’s all over the place. Often running away from my Yellow and Blue Tangs. Always eating off of the sandbed and then pooping sand crazy. But Joe!!!
D80EACCD-B041-41E8-B452-2BFE4389891D.jpeg
That’s another tang I would like (Although not Z. velifer, I’d rather have Z. desjardini) and it’s just from the personality, my LFS has a 5-6” Desjardini and whenever you walk up to the tank it’s fins expand making it look like a dinnerplate (Also a reason why I would rather go with a deep tank aswell as long to house any of the two Sailfins)

memphissmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd have to say either my clowns or my purple tang.. although there is this hermit that is rediculous. The main focus right now though is def the clowns. First of all I have 2 black ice and 2 spotcintus (doubt I spelled that right) and yeah I know. The blk ice have been in there for atleast a cpl months and always seemed to be paired. Got a huge anemone and the 2 spots because I new they'd host without a problem and the did immediately. The ices have had a nem and never went near it. Now the biggest spot generally kicks the smaller out of the anemone but will allow the larger ice to lay with it(she'll stay for a bit then go back to the ice). Meanwhile, the other spot goes to the other nem and the other blk ice is now trying to host algea on a rock. (He's a bit special). Mind you, there is a 39 gal waiting for a pair if things go south, which was the original plan..

Attachments

• 20210913_201321.jpg
    20210913_201321.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 25

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back