Mounting Gyre on Euro Brace

ChiReefGuy3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever mounted a gyre pump to their tank's euro bracing? I have a Maxpect XF330 and would like to mount it on the euro brace but am wondering if it will reach down far enough down into the water. Have you tried extra magnets, a specific mount, ect....?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The euro bracing would have to be *really* close to the water surface. Like 1/8" to 1/4" close. You might be able to get away with some rigid foam padding on the underside (maybe 1/8" to 1/4" thickness, max) to extend the distance. The magnets on my Maxspect XF330s aren't the strongest, though.

OP
OP
ChiReefGuy3

ChiReefGuy3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s where I was thinking maybe I could add some dry side magnets on the wet side to get it down more or maybe there’s some kind of mount out there that people are using.

Jdavis73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s where I was thinking maybe I could add some dry side magnets on the wet side to get it down more or maybe there’s some kind of mount out there that people are using.
Did you ever find a solution to mounting your gyre to the euro brace. I have done the same but when I exceed 40% they start sucking air.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back