Move dos add/remove slider from auto/tbl to off?

OP
OP
I

ifreefingwasaperson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got that part done
Just to be sure

v-nsw-lo
set off
if nsw-lo OPEN then ON ??? Since I have opticals
defer 001:00 then ON ?? Less sensor tripping

v-nsw-hi
set off
if nsw-hi CLOSED then OFF ???? Since I have opticals
Defer 001:00 then OFF. ??? Less sensor tripping

v-nsw-fill
fallback off
if output v_nsw-lo = on then on??? Cuts solenoid ON when EMPTY
if output v-nsw-hi = off the off ??? Cuts solenoid OFF when FULL

Last edited:

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to be sure

v-nsw-lo
set off
if nsw-lo OPEN then ON ??? Since I have opticals
defer 001:00

v-nsw-hi
set off
if nsw-hi CLOSED then OFF ???? Since I have opticals

v-nsw-fill
fallback off
if output v_nsw-lo = on then on??? Cuts solenoid ON when EMPTY
if output v-nsw-hi = off the off ??? Cuts solenoid OFF when FULL
Sounds correct to me, but always test everything out before implementing and calling it a day

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few typos

I edited the defer statement
Let us know how it all works out for you. I couldn’t live without this setup myself. My tank would have been in the classifieds for sure. Now I just need a stainless hopper slash auger feeder to automatically add the salt for me and tell the ups driver to just dump the salt in the hopper for me.

OP
OP
I

ifreefingwasaperson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know how it all works out for you. I couldn’t live without this setup myself. My tank would have been in the classifieds for sure. Now I just need a stainless hopper slash auger feeder to automatically add the salt for me and tell the ups driver to just dump the salt in the hopper for me.
Let me look into that! Lol

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After changing v nsw fill from

fallback off
if output v nsw lo = on then on
if output v nsw hi = off then on

to

if output v nsw hi = off then on, and it came on but never went off when hi optical was resubmerged
Triple check your spelling, including underscores. I don’t think space between letters works. I’m blind….like seriously. I use a screen reader that narrates the screen to me. I’m new to this and it’s super frustrating. I know you’re probably just abbreviating things as you want to get this going but each line of each message is worded differently. Like sometimes you use spaces, sometimes hyphens, and sometimes underscores in the code. I can’t make heads or tails of it. @Sean Clark can you step in here with your eyes and help verify this, I just can’t do it. I’m not mad, it’s just frustrating not being able to check simple things like this

edit. Also, it might be easiest if you copy and paste exactly what the code is so nothing is lost when typing it here

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triple check your spelling, including underscores. I don’t think space between letters works. I’m blind….like seriously. I use a screen reader that narrates the screen to me. I’m new to this and it’s super frustrating. I know you’re probably just abbreviating things as you want to get this going but each line of each message is worded differently. Like sometimes you use spaces, sometimes hyphens, and sometimes underscores in the code. I can’t make heads or tails of it. @Sean Clark can you step in here with your eyes and help verify this, I just can’t do it. I’m not mad, it’s just frustrating not being able to check simple things like this

edit. Also, it might be easiest if you copy and paste exactly what the code is so nothing is lost when typing it here
I need to catch up on the thread and review all of the changes. I look it over and see what I can do. It won't be until tomorrow though.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After changing v nsw fill from

fallback off
if output v nsw lo = on then on
if output v nsw hi = off then on

to

if output v nsw hi = off then on, and it came on but never went off when hi optical was resubmerged
It goes in order, the last true statement wins so when you change the code it really messes up what it’s supposed to do

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did find one error in the statements I wrote up here but it wouldn’t have caused your issues.

Go to the v_nsw_reset programming and either remove the defer statement, or change it from one minute to a second or two. I don’t know how I messed that up, but I did. At one minute, you would have to hold the doorbell switch for a full minute to reset. With no defer it’s instant. If you think there’s a possibility that you can accidentally hit the button while mixing salt, then set if for a second or two so that you would have to hold the button for a full second to reset everything.

I did not find any other errors but that doesn’t mean they aren’t there. I miss stuff

OP
OP
I

ifreefingwasaperson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did find one error in the statements I wrote up here but it wouldn’t have caused your issues.

Go to the v_nsw_reset programming and either remove the defer statement, or change it from one minute to a second or two. I don’t know how I messed that up, but I did. At one minute, you would have to hold the doorbell switch for a full minute to reset. With no defer it’s instant. If you think there’s a possibility that you can accidentally hit the button while mixing salt, then set if for a second or two so that you would have to hold the button for a full second to reset everything.

I did not find any other errors but that doesn’t mean they aren’t there. I miss stuff
Ok I’ll check when I get home.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you do the copy and paste here?
Depends on your device.
PC highlight what you want to copy ctrl+c click where you want to put it crtl+v
Android long press over what you want to copy, select copy, long press where you want to put it select paste.
iOs... good luck...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back