Moving a Breeding pair of Clownfish?

Frostbite

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2020
Messages
38
Reaction score
89
Location
Port Jefferson
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are everyone's thoughts on moving a pair of clownfish that have been reeding since March in my 72 gallon display tank. I just got a 120gallon grow out tank which ideally should go where I have the 72 gallon so I am afraid of uprooting my mating pair since they are my only pair that are actively breeding. I have a 12 ten gallon tank with 40 gallon sump that has some empty tanks that I could house the fish during the switch. But I am really concerned with taking the clowns out and throwing off their two week cycle. They have eggs that will hatch Thursday so I don't know if it would be a good idea to take them out of the tank on Friday morning and putting the coral that they lay the eggs on every time in the ten gallon tank. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance
F854B48D-61BA-47B0-9BF0-6C8AAB8F571D.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7065.MOV
    15.6 MB
What are everyone's thoughts on moving a pair of clownfish that have been reeding since March in my 72 gallon display tank. I just got a 120gallon grow out tank which ideally should go where I have the 72 gallon so I am afraid of uprooting my mating pair since they are my only pair that are actively breeding. I have a 12 ten gallon tank with 40 gallon sump that has some empty tanks that I could house the fish during the switch. But I am really concerned with taking the clowns out and throwing off their two week cycle. They have eggs that will hatch Thursday so I don't know if it would be a good idea to take them out of the tank on Friday morning and putting the coral that they lay the eggs on every time in the ten gallon tank. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance
F854B48D-61BA-47B0-9BF0-6C8AAB8F571D.jpeg
They will be fine either way might throw off There schedule but If and when they happy again they will start back up
 
will take a little while to get back into it. Depends on how fast they adjust to the new tank. they should start up again.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new