Moving a Breeding pair of Clownfish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Frostbite

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are everyone's thoughts on moving a pair of clownfish that have been reeding since March in my 72 gallon display tank. I just got a 120gallon grow out tank which ideally should go where I have the 72 gallon so I am afraid of uprooting my mating pair since they are my only pair that are actively breeding. I have a 12 ten gallon tank with 40 gallon sump that has some empty tanks that I could house the fish during the switch. But I am really concerned with taking the clowns out and throwing off their two week cycle. They have eggs that will hatch Thursday so I don't know if it would be a good idea to take them out of the tank on Friday morning and putting the coral that they lay the eggs on every time in the ten gallon tank. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance
F854B48D-61BA-47B0-9BF0-6C8AAB8F571D.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7065.MOV
    15.6 MB

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are everyone's thoughts on moving a pair of clownfish that have been reeding since March in my 72 gallon display tank. I just got a 120gallon grow out tank which ideally should go where I have the 72 gallon so I am afraid of uprooting my mating pair since they are my only pair that are actively breeding. I have a 12 ten gallon tank with 40 gallon sump that has some empty tanks that I could house the fish during the switch. But I am really concerned with taking the clowns out and throwing off their two week cycle. They have eggs that will hatch Thursday so I don't know if it would be a good idea to take them out of the tank on Friday morning and putting the coral that they lay the eggs on every time in the ten gallon tank. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance
F854B48D-61BA-47B0-9BF0-6C8AAB8F571D.jpeg
They will be fine either way might throw off There schedule but If and when they happy again they will start back up

Arvind Arya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will take a little while to get back into it. Depends on how fast they adjust to the new tank. they should start up again.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back