Moving a large toad stool to another tank??

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mornin ! So I have a large 71/2 inch across toad I want to put into the 180. The thing is getting to big for the 75 & taking up too much room ! it's back in a corner out of trouble. So this tank is all nice & stable with alk around 7.8/7.9 temps, ca ,mag , all the good stuff. Now the 180 stays at. Temps Ca etc are all very stable & close to the 75. But the alk is 6.5.
So how should I drip acclimate this Toad Stool to this tank with lower alk?
I could dose up the 180 to the higher alk but it won't stay there long at all .It mostly a fish tank.
I could drip the thing to the lower alk.
I could just temp acclimate & put it in there.
This is a very tough animal it was the 1st coral I ever bought a long time ago and has been thru every screw up I made over all these years !
HPIM9225.JPG

Last edited:

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are pretty resilient. I would try to get the alk up in the 180 just for the betterment of all animals. Then I would drip acclimate and should be fine. Careful removing the toadstool. Looks like you will need to razor-blade it out. Make sure to soak in some iodine or coral rx to avoid infection.

OP
OP
cracker

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply,The stool isn't attached to anything but a large piece of rubble. So easily moved. I'll test & start dosing alk up today .However it will quickly drop again I have to dose a LOT to keep it up to the mid 7's. Not sure where it all goes . There is only 5 fish & a kenya tree so far.

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I’d just raise the alk to a proper level and then put the toadstool in a 5 gallon bucket and scoop in some tank water for 20 minutes. They’re really hardy and honestly as long as temperature, salinity, and pH are very close corals don’t need much acclimation. I do this for all corals, whether zoas, acros, euphyllia, or anything else.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 53 42.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 63 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 10 7.9%
Back