Moving a Sea cucumber

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I have a sea cucumber or a sea apple in my aquarium stuck to the glass. I have to move the tank tomorrow. I was hoping there would be ideas on how to move that guy off the glass????? The tank is only moving 10 minutes down the road but if my plan goes well;he would be out of the water for a solid hour maybe a hour and a half! What do I do?

OP
OP
Auto-pilot

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I got the tank moved and I got him off the glass. He was really holding on but I needed to move the tank. I took one of my shaving razors and worked at his suction cups being careful not to cut them off. One at a time he came loose. I damaged some but hes still ok and back to doing his thing after the tank was moved. The real struggle was moving my tank from its upstairs spot to a church down the street that is going to let me keep it there as I sell and buy a new house. I forgot how heavy it is.

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I got the tank moved and I got him off the glass. He was really holding on but I needed to move the tank. I took one of my shaving razors and worked at his suction cups being careful not to cut them off. One at a time he came loose. I damaged some but hes still ok and back to doing his thing after the tank was moved. The real struggle was moving my tank from its upstairs spot to a church down the street that is going to let me keep it there as I sell and buy a new house. I forgot how heavy it is.
Next time us like a credit card or something similar maybe?

Back