OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I have no idea how to create a thread yet, lol! I’ve been on R2R since I started but didn’t really start getting active until I moved back in May. Any pointers?

Absolutely, love meeting fellow reefers!

—Funny story, when I first started the hobby I lived in an apartment. One of my fellow neighbors approached me one night and asked if I had a tank. I politely reposted yes, why do you ask? She stated that she could see the purple glow at night. We got a good laugh outta that. She was super helpful!
Follow the instructions in my signature to start a build thread. Then, follow the other link to get your build thread badge!

Plauri55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you in Beaufort?
[/QUOTE
Out on Lady’s Island off of 802. Whereabouts are you located in Beaufort?

I’m good to start a club with you guys at any time. I’m still a rookie but hey everyone’s gotta start somewhere! Lol
I'm on Lady's Island also. Marsh Hawk Plantation. I'm the Vet at Battery Creek Vet Hospital down the road from PI

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m up for it too! I moved here from Dayton Ohio. Had a great club and frag houses. Hosted club meetings and good fellowship.

Here, I have no one, no where to frag hunt, and no club.

My wife is out of town next weekend........

Plauri55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one in Shell Point Plaza behind Ryans Pizza, not the one in Bi-Lo plaza

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either of you interested in a coral beauty?

maybe a foxface?

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foxface, reef safe?
They say “with caution “, but I have never heard of one eating coral. I’ve had mine for over a year and all my coral still exists.

I bought him for algae control early on and it devoured it all in a week. Now he munches on pellets and nori.

The only reason I want to get rid of him is I want to add a female blue throat trigger for my male and I don’t want the tank being too full. If you are interested, I gotta get my wife’s permission too!

216B301E-0B1C-484C-903B-CB8DB29AAA0D.jpeg

Plauri55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not. I have 5 fish in QT right now, two of which are heading to my 75 gallon. The others headed for my smaller tanks. Plus heading to MACNA next week and who knows what I may find. Also in the process of helping my wife setup a brackish tank for her classroom. We are going to try Figure 8 puffers.
And lastly I'm converting a 5 gallon jelly tank into a Rock Flower Anemone tank.

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not. I have 5 fish in QT right now, two of which are heading to my 75 gallon. The others headed for my smaller tanks. Plus heading to MACNA next week and who knows what I may find. Also in the process of helping my wife setup a brackish tank for her classroom. We are going to try Figure 8 puffers.
And lastly I'm converting a 5 gallon jelly tank into a Rock Flower Anemone tank.
You have your hands full!

I’m getting ready to publish an article on rock flowers on R2R. I have some good advice and techniques for introduction and final placement if you are interested.

Plauri55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have your hands full!

I’m getting ready to publish an article on rock flowers on R2R. I have some good advice and techniques for introduction and final placement if you are interested.
Sure would be! I have about 8 of them in my 75. They are doing well but I'm sure they could be better.
This jelly tank conversion is going to be interesting. I'm mostly worried that I won't have enough flow. The original pump creates a gentle circular flow and I added a small pump in the tank itself to create a counter current. Gotta a nice little light for it. And we are hoping to pickup some Rock Flowers next weekend in Orlando.
There also will be someone there doing a presentation on them. But any info you have would be great!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back