Moving With Rock Flowers?

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I want to get some Rock Flowers but Im in college and move in and out of the dorms with my tank, do you think the rock flowers will handle this okay?

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're pretty hardy animals. I wouldn't suspect a problem assuming same tank/water.

OP
OP
Evan West

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#reefsqad my own thread here lol....get some more opinions in here

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock nems are super sturdy. I have... seven or eight in my tank. They've lived through multiple tank transfers, living in totes with clamp on lights and all kinds of other ridiculousness. Once you get them settled, 100% bulletproof

OP
OP
Evan West

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are they on staying put? I cant have a blocked overflow

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 9 and have seen very little movement. They tend to crawl around staying attached to rocks / walls as they move. Never seen one let go and float around like a BTA.

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are they on staying put? I cant have a blocked overflow

They dont usually walk much. They want their foot protected - either at the base of a rock into the sand, or into a crevice. Generally I turn off all of the pumps and place them in the area I want them to stay. It usually only takes a moment or two for them to attach initially - then give them 10-20 minutes to firmly attach before turning everything back on. They may scuttle a little for position if they are getting blasted with flow, but they dont wander if they are healthy. :)

OP
OP
Evan West

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol awesome! Im looking at either making my refugium section in the sump a little rock flower garden or im gonna put one in the display. Gotta just decide if i want a useful refugium or a nem garden

Saltdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering do they like med to low flow, med to low light or can they handle more?

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rockflowers have mostly stayed put, as long as they're being fed and receiving plenty of light. I have had trouble with smaller "ultra" rockflowers and peppermint shrimp. The peppermints don't bother the "ordinary" rockflowers, just the bright, expensive ones. (>_<)

Mine tend to stay in or near the sand, and have cheerfully withstood 100% flow from two X-50 Gyre pumps in synced mode - in a 65 gallon tank. They don't wander a lot, but can move if they decide they need to. (How does a creature with no brain "decide" anything, anyway?!)

~Bruce

flexiblewater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rockflowers have mostly stayed put, as long as they're being fed and receiving plenty of light. I have had trouble with smaller "ultra" rockflowers and peppermint shrimp. The peppermints don't bother the "ordinary" rockflowers, just the bright, expensive ones. (>_<)

Mine tend to stay in or near the sand, and have cheerfully withstood 100% flow from two X-50 Gyre pumps in synced mode - in a 65 gallon tank. They don't wander a lot, but can move if they decide they need to. (How does a creature with no brain "decide" anything, anyway?!)

~Bruce
Just added some peps and mine are all ultra hopefully they leave them alone.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 44 41.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back