Mp10 stop working

Discussion in 'General Equipment, Hardware, Filtration' started by Reef man 89, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Reef man 89

Reef man 89 Well-Known Member

My mp10 dryside fell off the glass and hit the floor. I set it on pulse mode and guess it was turned up to much to were it vibrated off the tank. Now on the control it is flashing threw all the colors and will not turn back on. I have tried to unplug and plug back in to no success. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me out with what I should do. The pump is not even a year old and I am so upset.

2. Reef man 89

Reef man 89 Well-Known Member

This hasn't happened to anyone

3. scurvy dawg

scurvy dawg Well-Known Member

Can you contact Ecotech since it is still under warranty? I'd go buy a cheap power head at your LFS in the mean time and try working through ecotech. From what I hear, they have pretty good C.S.

In the future, you should always hang your MP's with the cord facing up and then use a stick-on wire holder like they furnish with the pumps. This will prevent the dry side from falling all the way down to the floor. It has saved me twice.

4. Bob3655

Bob3655 Well-Known Member

if the controller is cycling through all the colors, that's usually a good indicator that the controller is dead. I believe in the manual there's a chart in the back that shows the different error code lights cycling on the controller.

Draft saved Draft deleted