MP40 vs Nero 5

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2015
Messages
2,269
Reaction score
1,034
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to get one of these for my 4 foot tank. Does one push water farther then the other? Is one quieter? Thanks
 
I have Nero in a 6ft tank and quiet with great power
Unlike MP40, you can change angles of flow
 
I have a Nero 5 and it is extremely quiet and it pushes plenty of water. It is directional up to 15 degrees, I think, but if you use the protective guard, I found that it greatly limits that option. The other option that you may want to consider, if its important to you, is that the Nero connects through Bluetooth rather than wifi, so you will only have remote control from within your home. The Nero works great for me and checked all the boxes I was looking for, especially the price point.
 
There is, the IceCap is confirmed working somewhere here on Reef2Reef.
I saw they just came out with v3. Was thinking about giving it a shot with the Nero. But I haven't seen many reviews about it yet.
 
Last edited:
I prefer the Nero 5. I've historically had issues with the MP40:

- dry side falling off

-wet side falling off

-wet side rusting or having a bearing issue. I had to replace to wet side about once per year and they aren't cheap.


Nero 5 gives as good a flow or better, is cheaper, requires less maintenance (my LFS soaks the MP40 wet sides once a month to keep them in working order), and the only thing you have to deal with is a cord in the tank. If you want something better that will last a lifetime look to Tunze. You will need more units up front but it's worth the expense in the long run.
 
I saw they just came out with v3. Was thinking about giving it a shot with the Nero. But I haven't seen mant reviews about it yet.
I have not seen the V3 confirmed as working though it probably will work just like the V2.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new