MTRC Full Tank Shots

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's gone. I've got one more fish to put back--the one that iched in the first place! My hippo tang. Lesson learned--quarantine before adding!

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank's looking good pickupman. I'm overwhelmed trying to decide how to seascape a 90--can't imagine having a 180 to fill! I noticed your return jets are underwater. Mine are currently spraying at the surface. Are they better to be beneath? It would be quieter, I'm sure! But I just left it how it was when I got it.

commonstranger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyones tanks look nice. Josh nice job man tank is looking great.

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want to make sure u have a good ripple on the surface for gas exchange. What that shot doesn't show are the koralias that are pointed at the surface. With the closed loop and sump return combined I have 8 outlets. Plus a pair of koralias

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dam, I can't post. I live in New York :sad:

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4631.jpg

This is my 90G as of yesterday. Of course all the fish were in hiding when I snapped it, and you'll probably all see it as more of a "blank canvas" than a reef, but I've only had it since the beginning of this year so just now am ready to add coral. First job was to get used to taking care of a salt tank and fish. And I had ich right off the bat! This tank actually was originally set up in April of 2010 and the previous owner was in Toney Alabama. I moved it in the winter--rocks, water, and all, and the nice coraline algae all died off in the move and cleaning, but it's coming back now! He removed most of the corals and his fish before I picked up the tank, but there are a few corals that started growing back out of the rocks over the time I've had it and I've gotten my own fish and invert selections. Help me pick things that would look nice in here!

There is a huge selection of corals just in the club members tanks alone, Without even going to any other sources if you so choose this route!
Bill
PS Looking foward to meeting you in person. See ya later!

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see many things in various club members' tanks I'm envious of. It's gonna be great!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, OK then

LEDs041.jpg

Jennifier615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zef,
Where did you get your Purple Sqaure I need one I have three females, my male died when I ordered them and none of the females have ever Morphed yet.........

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set it up in March 1971

That's Incredible and long before i ventured into salt water, And I have been around this hobby for 30 years but just a Newbie i guess! Have you had any long term issues with that tank being up so long to deal with? What type equipment are you using? Old school or newer type things like skimmers and such?
Bill

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 96 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back