Multiple anthias?

SpencerT82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a 112 gallon reef tank(reference picture) it has a 88 gallon display. I have lots of nutrient export with a gfo reactor oversized skimmer, oversized fleece roller, and tons and tons of bio media. The current stock list is 4 clownfish(roughly 1.5-2 inch each) different species but have lived together for a while now very happily, 2 aptasia eating file fish about 2 inches each, smaller yellow tang, medium sized flame fin tommini tang, small 1 inch pajama cardinal, and a 3 inch almost 4 inch blotched anthias. They have all been in there for about 1 year together all living peacefully. I’m intrested in adding a small shoal of Bartlett anthias but am worried in case they will fight with the blotched anthias. Would I be able to add these anthias and if so what size would you recommend and how many of them? If it poses any risk to the blotched anthias let me know the last thing I would want is for him to jump or get stressed to much and die.

11F8AB40-A017-460B-8799-E4FA99DDB0C3.jpeg

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Blotchy w my Bimac pair and Ike and Tina do more then Big Gulp ever did. U can see all 3 top left behind the cap and right nxt to toadie
IMG_8059.jpeg

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bartlett are notorious for picking each other off. There is always somebody, somewhere who claims success, but I’ve not seen it.

OP
OP
SpencerT82

SpencerT82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bartlett are notorious for picking each other off. There is always somebody, somewhere who claims success, but I’ve not seen it.
What would be a less aggressive species? I’ve had some lyretail in the past but that’s it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back