Multiplex APEX DOS

Tdoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used 1 DOS to do auto water change on 2 different tanks? My thought is to use solenoid valves to control the water flow. Or to run parallel water Lines to each tank off the main lines from the DOS.
If you have done this please let me know how you done it.
Any thoughts?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Technically this could work. You’d need 4 solenoids, and power sources for each of them (either a DC24 accessory port on the FMM or EB832, or individual 24v power adapters plugged into EnergyBar outlets). The programming would be simple.

But my concern would be how separate water paths might impact the DOS calibration. The tubing length and obstacles can have an effect on water flow resistance, and a slight variance in calibration could throw off the water change balance over time.

To me, the cost savings compared to buying a 2nd DOS doesn’t seem worth it for the clunkiness of all those solenoids, power adapters, and calibration risk.

OP
OP
Tdoan

Tdoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first thought would be to try it with out the valves. With the same tub lengths and same fittings if needed I believe it would work.
If I used valves I would only need 2 outputs from a 24v source. I have a few open.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back