My 120g mixed reef

enrique

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Location
Lima, Peru
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, all. I'm no newbie but neither an expert. Everyday I learn something new. This is my 120 gal. mixed reef tank. Although I say is a mixed tank it is actualy an soft coral only tank due to the death of my acroporas I am hoping I can make it work for hard corals. Today I just installed my first radion leds and I can see how much a difference it is to spend a bit more but have quality products. Hope you like it.



photo 1.jpg
photo 3.jpg
photo 4.jpg
photo 5.jpg



Equipment list:

60*12.5*24 glass tank with reefsaavy ghost overflow
2 Tunze nanostream 6025
2 Tunze nanostream 6045
1 eheim 3000 return pump
bubble magus skimmer rated fro 150 gal (I know I need a better one, Is is on my wish list)
bubble magus biopellet reactor
BRS double reactor for carbon and gfo
sump with refugium
hagen plant led fixture for sump
1 ecotech Radion G3 pro
Neptune Apex controller
Tunze osmolator ATO

Inhabitants:
1 yellow tang
1 coral beauty
1 flame angel
1 bicolor angel
1 mandarin
1 diamod goby
1 rockmover wrasse
3 ocellaris
1 spotted grupper
2 long tentacle anemones
1 tube anemone
bubble coral
torch coral
hammer coral
xenias
red mushrooms
silunarias
2 lismata shrimp
1 purple lobster
1 tiger serpent sea star
several snails
1 tube worm
 

Attachments

  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 230
Thanks! I was just looking for the rocks to have less contact area so they would have larger surface area for nitrifying bacteria. And it looked good too ;) forgot to mention its only 8 months old.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new