OP
OP
roadrashpaul

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't trying to belittle you or anything just trying to help out. Is this your first reef tank?

No offense taken by ANY means. This is my first personal reef tank but I have been helping my dad with his for about 3-4 years now. I am fairly familiar with how it works, just a lot more stuff I need to learn. Please don't hesitate to throw any and all info my way. I am always up for learning something new and a little help.

OP
OP
roadrashpaul

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone who cares, this is what we will be moving over to mine. This was taken last year so some things have changed but mostly everything is just a lot bigger now.

ry%3D480

OP
OP
roadrashpaul

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update. Got some rock from Dan (WiseGuyThreeOne) and got part of my scape done. I am going to go with two separate islands and use monti cap or something similar to grow out between the two islands. The rest of my rock is still in the 70 waiting to be moved over. I also got to meet Luis and got some mag rocks and some of the grape monti he had. His tank looks awesome and the new one is going to be sweet also. Thanks again Dan and Luis. It was a pleasure to meet both of you.

After our trip to Clarksville we decided to run to the Critter and pick up our first inhabitants. We got a couple of green chromis. Super excited to finally get some movement in the tank. If these go well, I will probably get 2-3 more in a few weeks. We all really like schooling fish. Hoping to have everything moved over from the 70 in the next couple of months. Taking our time to not have any casualties. Below are a couple of shots. They are not very great as I was too lazy to go get the good camera.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Last edited:
OP
OP
roadrashpaul

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright some updates. Last saturday and sunday before the meeting, dad and I got everything moved from the 70g to mine. Everything is doing great with no loses. I have a few small issues but overall very happy with the way it turned out. Here are some pics tonight with just the purples. Some stuff had started closing up so I will try to get some better ones when I have some more time. Also my canopy has not been painted yet in the FTS. I wanted to make sure it was going to work before I painted it. I have a few quesitons on the problems I am having but I will start another thread for those. Any and all suggestions/tips would be appreciated. Let me know what you think.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D400

ry%3D480

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are looking really good in there Paul. The rock on the top left side makes it look like it's floating. Cool idea!

OP
OP
roadrashpaul

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are looking really good in there Paul. The rock on the top left side makes it look like it's floating. Cool idea!

Thanks guys. Ryan that is actually a mag rock I got from Luis. It got two big ones from him but one broke in half so now I have two small ones and one large one. I really like them as well.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great!

WiseguyThreeOne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great, Paul. Glad I could contribute.

Now the little pop-up glossary is telling me mag rocks are "magnesium", but I doubt that's correct in this case. How the heck are you getting those rocks to stick to a glass tank wall?

OP
OP
roadrashpaul

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rocks are held to the glass with magnets. Hence the mag rock name. Seem to work pretty well but would not hold up a very big coral. thank you again for the rock.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back