My 140 Bare bottom rimless

echopiece

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank!! I hope to achieve what you have with my Orphek pendants. I have two over my 100 gallon, and am running BB as well. Although, I am not supplementing with any T5's. Did you ever run this tank with just the Orphek fixture?

OP
OP
dr.dator

dr.dator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! I love how nice everyone is on this forum. :)

Great tank, really dig it! Got pics of the porthole you built? And fir that matter, how'd you do the stand exactly? Cheers

It's really crappy looking but it works... I managed to crack the glass so I had to glue it together with some super glue. At first I didn't think it would work very well but my camera won't even register the crack.

9dd6bc29c6a90e03e87bf86b7bf9497d.jpg

The stand is constructed with custom cut aluminum bars and joints I bought at my LFS. I used a rubber mallet to tap the pieces together and then covered it all with MDF panels.

OP
OP
dr.dator

dr.dator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank!! I hope to achieve what you have with my Orphek pendants. I have two over my 100 gallon, and am running BB as well. Although, I am not supplementing with any T5's. Did you ever run this tank with just the Orphek fixture?

Thank you! I did for over a year and it was working well but as my corals grew, just one Atlantik fixture wouldn't provide the coverage I needed and adding a few t5s was way cheaper than getting another Atlantik.

OP
OP
dr.dator

dr.dator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may grow some sweet corals but I can grow some sweet algae!! ;)
In all seriousness, I really enjoy the layout of your tank. Great size colonies yet the tank still looks spacious... I think its often a challenge to get that look. Its either a small clump of rocks covered with random frags or others like myself that fill their tanks with rock which makes even larger colonies look small and overly spread out. Its tanks like yours that keep me interested in the hobby and sets a standard to shoot for. I may not have the eye for aquascape but tanks like this one give me encouragement that someday I'll get it! cheers!

Thanks! It's a delicate balance. But personally I never really planned my aquascape much. I just put a bunch of rocks and corals in my tank and let everything grow the way it wanted to. When frags turn into colonies it's a different ball game. It takes time though. I've had some of my corals for over 4 years now.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back