OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeez, that's not good at all. Was there a storm or is it just the snow? Good thing you have a generator, definitely worth the investment. Stay safe
It was just the snow and ice. It was so heavy on the tree branches they just fell everywhere and fell on the powerlines.

I have some pretty giant pines that luckily didn't fall, but if they did my house would have been totalled.

There were also some powerlines that just burst into flames... It was not fun last night

Now I am just hoping I get to stay home tomorrow lol

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And... We have power!

I looked at the outage map, and it said it won't be back on til 11pm tomorrow!!! That would not have good, but at least I have power now!

Everything looks fine in the tank, so we survived!

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phew, it's been a busy weekend.

I didn't really have much time to focus on my tank this weekend, because I was running around all over the place to get gas for the generator, and I also had to run extension cords over to my neighbors house so they could heat up there house... It got down to the low 50's! Anyways, I had to do that for 3 people, I had to help clear roads of fallen trees and tree limbs, and it was a struggle to find something to eat last night. There were only a few restaurants with power, and they were almost out of food to serve. I couldn't even get a grilled cheese and tomato soup with the right ingredients, I had a quarter of a normal sized grilled cheese with some weird sour dough bread, and a half the normal size cup of tomato soup, all for the full price. Yikes.

I am so happy things are finally back to normal, well, kind of, over 3000 people are still without power, but luckily that's not me.

anyways today I was able to look at the tank, and I took a few pictures!

20240325_173348.jpg
20240325_173302.jpg
20240325_173236.jpg
20240325_173141.jpg

( I finally got a half decent photo of him, but that's the best I can get right now lol.)

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Phew, it's been a busy weekend.

I didn't really have much time to focus on my tank this weekend, because I was running around all over the place to get gas for the generator, and I also had to run extension cords over to my neighbors house so they could heat up there house... It got down to the low 50's! Anyways, I had to do that for 3 people, I had to help clear roads of fallen trees and tree limbs, and it was a struggle to find something to eat last night. There were only a few restaurants with power, and they were almost out of food to serve. I couldn't even get a grilled cheese and tomato soup with the right ingredients, I had a quarter of a normal sized grilled cheese with some weird sour dough bread, and a half the normal size cup of tomato soup, all for the full price. Yikes.

I am so happy things are finally back to normal, well, kind of, over 3000 people are still without power, but luckily that's not me.

anyways today I was able to look at the tank, and I took a few pictures!

20240325_173348.jpg
20240325_173302.jpg
20240325_173236.jpg
20240325_173141.jpg

( I finally got a half decent photo of him, but that's the best I can get right now lol.)
So glad you made it through, busy weekend indeed. I can’t imagine. Things are looking great, did your mushroom drop a baby?! That green dot to the right?

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So glad you made it through, busy weekend indeed. I can’t imagine. Things are looking great, did your mushroom drop a baby?! That green dot to the right?
I believe that is it's ripped foot, which looks like it's developing a mouth!!! I can't wait to watch it grow!!

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I believe that is it's ripped foot, which looks like it's developing a mouth!!! I can't wait to watch it grow!!
Thats awesome! Will leave pieces of their foot attached as they move around the frag plug, it will grow up just like momma!

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking at pictures of people reef tanks, and I have noticed some beautiful RFA's.

I love the color, so if I can, I would love to add one to my tank.

Honestly, I have no idea if it will work in my tank, so I would love your honest opinions on this

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been looking at pictures of people reef tanks, and I have noticed some beautiful RFA's.

I love the color, so if I can, I would love to add one to my tank.

Honestly, I have no idea if it will work in my tank, so I would love your honest opinions on this
I have 4 in mine, haven’t had any issues personally. I know most will say you need a mature tank to keep any nem. RFA are pretty hearty though. They typically stay put but would be wise to have a nem guard on your powerhead for a while. Def a great way to add some color to the tank and you can always find deals on them!

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 in mine, haven’t had any issues personally. I know most will say you need a mature tank to keep any nem. RFA are pretty hearty though. They typically stay put but would be wise to have a nem guard on your powerhead for a while. Def a great way to add some color to the tank and you can always find deals on them!
Alright, that sounds greaat!

And yes, I forgot to mention that I would wait awhile before getting one.

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight I am leaving to see family before the holiday just for a quick trip. I will be back tomorrow lol.

It shouldn't be abnormal to my tank, the only thing is that I will feed the fish earlier today, and feed them later tomorrow.

Also, a quick update on my AI Prime, it was supposed to come yesterday, but for some reason the shipping company shipped it across the state, so it should be here today. Obviously, I can't set it up today, and probably not tomorrow, so I think I will be able to set it up on Sunday... That's only if the gooseneck comes on time.

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tonight I am leaving to see family before the holiday just for a quick trip. I will be back tomorrow lol.

It shouldn't be abnormal to my tank, the only thing is that I will feed the fish earlier today, and feed them later tomorrow.

Also, a quick update on my AI Prime, it was supposed to come yesterday, but for some reason the shipping company shipped it across the state, so it should be here today. Obviously, I can't set it up today, and probably not tomorrow, so I think I will be able to set it up on Sunday... That's only if the gooseneck comes on time.
Awesome have a great trip and safe travels!
Shipping is the worst! Did you find yours used on here or somewhere else? Been hunting for one but not much luck!

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I am back! That was a lot of traveling in 24 hours, in fact it was around 8 hours all together... Yikes!

Everything in the tank is fine, as it should.

I was able to head to the beach before I left, and keep in mind this is in New Jersey, I found live crabs all over the place, and tons of washed up sponge. Some of the pieces were really pretty. I also came across 2 vertabrates of some animal. I am thinking it's a manta ray, but it's really hard to tell.

Anyways, I hope you all had a great Saturday!

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Easter everybody!

While doing a WC, I was leaning over the tank to check the overflow, and while doing that, I dunked the light into the water. It wasn't broken yet, but in an attempt to pour the water out, I unscrewed the light from the gooseneck, but little did I know that I was twisting cheap wires until they broke.

That's right, my light broke. At the moment, I do have the AI prime, but no way to mount it. The gooseneck arrives Tuesday, but I would like to have some lighting on the tank, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed your Sunday, and if you celebrated it, I hope you enjoyed your Easter!

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Happy Easter everybody!

While doing a WC, I was leaning over the tank to check the overflow, and while doing that, I dunked the light into the water. It wasn't broken yet, but in an attempt to pour the water out, I unscrewed the light from the gooseneck, but little did I know that I was twisting cheap wires until they broke.

That's right, my light broke. At the moment, I do have the AI prime, but no way to mount it. The gooseneck arrives Tuesday, but I would like to have some lighting on the tank, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed your Sunday, and if you celebrated it, I hope you enjoyed your Easter!
Happy late Easter as well!
O dang well nice you had a plan before! That's a bummer for sure, hope its not ruined so you have a back up! I would think you would be fine without for a day or 2, think of it as a forced blackout-ish. You could get creative and DIY mount your Prime but I don't think its a big worry! Maybe a cardboard box, set on top, cut a hole where the light can set but not fall through, then cut some vents on the sides so it doesn't get hot and run really low power until you get the mount...I dunno if that would work, just thinking out loud.

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy late Easter as well!
O dang well nice you had a plan before! That's a bummer for sure, hope its not ruined so you have a back up! I would think you would be fine without for a day or 2, think of it as a forced blackout-ish. You could get creative and DIY mount your Prime but I don't think its a big worry! Maybe a cardboard box, set on top, cut a hole where the light can set but not fall through, then cut some vents on the sides so it doesn't get hot and run really low power until you get the mount...I dunno if that would work, just thinking out loud.
That's a good idea!

The lights are definitely ruined, but it's alright.

I am just going to open my window and have my room light on, and hopefully that will be fine. Right now, I do kind of have a bubble algae outbreak starting, so maybe having this "black out" is a good thing?

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shipping just updated the estimated time of delivery, and it says it will be here today, so I might figure out a way to mount it so I can get the schedule going, then in a few hours I can get it hooked up to the gooseneck.

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a good idea!

The lights are definitely ruined, but it's alright.

I am just going to open my window and have my room light on, and hopefully that will be fine. Right now, I do kind of have a bubble algae outbreak starting, so maybe having this "black out" is a good thing?
I've done a 3 day blackout and everything is perfectly fine! I think even with no light you should be okay until tomorrow!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back