OP
Dave3112

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one next to Tubs Blue looks like EvilMel's Green Skirt. I thought that you might be asking about that one.

By the way, they grew up in a hurry, didn't they? It's been, what, 5 months since the swap? I don't remember that I sold you so many polyps.

Thank you for the ID! I have another "crop" of them in another location too.They have grown really fast for me :xd:. I only got a couple of polyps from you in mid Jan.and now have 20+, same with the Candy Apple Reds I got from Gonzo grew really fast too. I only had one polyp from him and have 30 or so now. I guess I have something right in my water chemistry.

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H@rry I chked the other set of gauges that I had that got hit by the lightning and they dont work.I was gona bring to you I am suppose to come by there today I am told.
Jason

OP
OP
Dave3112

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I get a frag of that Candy Apple Reds?

I think I have some growing on a tile I put next to them. I will check this afternoon when I get home from work and let you know. But yes I can get you some, you may have to help me frag them if you can. I haven't fragged many zoas/palys.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, I am happy to assist you although I am sure that you do a fine job without anybody's help. Let me know if I can offer you anything in trade or how much you would like for the frag.

OP
OP
Dave3112

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really I haven't fragged many zoas. I usually just frag SPS and Chalices ,I have that down pretty well :) What kinds of SPS do you have that are ready to frag? Or Zoas? I have been looking for a blue hornet or two. I have the red and purple.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoa are pretty durable and you can frag them pretty easily. If a polyp or two has migrated over to a tile, you can just sever the stolon or connecting tissue with a sharp knife or a razor blade.

As for fraggable SPS's, I can probably cut a small piece off my Red prostrata with blue tip or Steve Alias loisettae (I got them both from Cee originally). I can also cut a small piece off pink milli with blue tips or ORA blue milli if you'd like. I think you have an ORA Pearlberry frag. I have an ORA green birdsnest colony that I don't mind letting go. I can cut a A. turaki, which looks very close to ORA echinata Hawkins blue, too. It has a more linear growth pattern. Then, there is a no-name but pretty light blue acro and lowly ORA pink pocillopora, too. If you are running Radium, I would like you to try a frag of Harry's Patriot acro if you don't have one already. This acro looks fantastic under Radium (it really did when Harry was running Radium.) It has green fluffy body with strong blue tips. However, under Phoenix or other 14K bulbs (I don't know what Harry is running now on it), it is rather drab looking. I can cut you a frag for free if you'd like to give it a try.

Sorry but no Blue Hornet. Do you happened to have PPE? I think I saw a picture of it earlier in this thread.

OP
OP
Dave3112

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The red prostrata with blue tip sounds really nice! I have a lot of H@rrys frags but I don't think I have the patriot so I would like to give it a shot. I do have some PPE. I got them from Tritons Garden when they were still open. But I will tell you they are finicky!! I have a couple of polyps on a good sized rock i can give you. My main colony is closed up for a couple of days now. They do that every once in a while for no good reason but will open back up and start growing again after a week or so.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okie dokie. Now we need to figure out when we meet up.

I've got a lot of things going this weekend. Can we get together in early evening sometime next week ?

Last edited:

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably have to have $300. LOL. Thank you for the compliments. I'm not sure which sps you are talking about. I have so many. What post # and picture are you talking about?
#76 1st pic and 3rd pic

OP
OP
Dave3112

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A new chalice I got in a trade with Caudill187 the strawberry lemonade WM
StrawberryLemonade.jpg

New favia from Atlantis Aquariums in Montgomery
newfavia.jpg

Classics! The Tyree Pink WM and TEC WM
tyreeandTEC-1.jpg

Just a few things on the frag rack :)
fragrack.jpg

The start of my favia garden
FaviaGarden.jpg

OP
OP
Dave3112

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't mind me asking,what you gonna let that thermometer coral go for...??? :bigsmile:

Haha! Thats the new super LE Tyree Fox glass house chalstick! I would have to have $1500 per 1/4" for that one! LOL! I was double checking the temp on the controller and was just too lazy to take it back out. :)

OP
OP
Dave3112

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to get a few shots in the frag tank :) all blues...........

fragtank1.jpg

fragtank2.jpg

IMG_8749_0593.jpg

IMG_8750_0594.jpg

IMG_8757_0601.jpg

And now back to the display.....
IMG_8776_0616.jpg

IMG_8779_0618.jpg

myFT.jpg

This one is coloring up better every day. The SC Variable Eye ******

SCVEB.jpg

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you are really getting into your chalices.I may get some more in soon.I hear they are real popular up North

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back