My 29 Gallon build

I just noticed my first nuisance anemone, aptasia I believe. Is there any reason why I shouldn't just take the rock out of the tank and let it sit dry for two weeks? I know I'll loose whatever bacteria is on it, but there are other rocks, and I still have a month to go in my fallow period so I figure there is time for it to re-cure in the tank.



Other suggestions? I know about nudibranchs, aptasia x, and peppermint shrimp as options.
 
Well I concluded the fallow period today - and added 3 peppermint shrimp. Tomorrow I might pick up a new fish, although it will be QT'd this time for sure. I'm also thinking I'd like a pistol shrimp/watchman goby pair... Hmm... Any tips on stocking a 55? I'm thinking clowns, chromis, and a dwarf angel... + the pistol shrimp goby pair.
 
Its Been a long time since the last post but...

We are ich free, aptaisa free, moved to a new apartment and changed lighting since the last post. I went with the vertex illumilux fixture and I'm really pleased with the physical look as well as the quality of the light...

I'd been holding off on coral and new fish, so now that we're moved a stable I'm ready to continue stocking. Suggestions and ideas are always welcome (disclosure, I want anemones...)

uploadfromtaptalk1428443278323.jpg
 
Since this thread is titled, my 29 Gallon build and in fact the tank is a 55 gallon, I'm going to create a new thread, properly titled.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new