OP
OP
D

dmort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed my first nuisance anemone, aptasia I believe. Is there any reason why I shouldn't just take the rock out of the tank and let it sit dry for two weeks? I know I'll loose whatever bacteria is on it, but there are other rocks, and I still have a month to go in my fallow period so I figure there is time for it to re-cure in the tank.

Other suggestions? I know about nudibranchs, aptasia x, and peppermint shrimp as options.

OP
OP
D

dmort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I concluded the fallow period today - and added 3 peppermint shrimp. Tomorrow I might pick up a new fish, although it will be QT'd this time for sure. I'm also thinking I'd like a pistol shrimp/watchman goby pair... Hmm... Any tips on stocking a 55? I'm thinking clowns, chromis, and a dwarf angel... + the pistol shrimp goby pair.

OP
OP
D

dmort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its Been a long time since the last post but...

We are ich free, aptaisa free, moved to a new apartment and changed lighting since the last post. I went with the vertex illumilux fixture and I'm really pleased with the physical look as well as the quality of the light...

I'd been holding off on coral and new fish, so now that we're moved a stable I'm ready to continue stocking. Suggestions and ideas are always welcome (disclosure, I want anemones...)

uploadfromtaptalk1428443278323.jpg

OP
OP
D

dmort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since this thread is titled, my 29 Gallon build and in fact the tank is a 55 gallon, I'm going to create a new thread, properly titled.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 32.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 44 26.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 21.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 31 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back