OP
OP
S

steve bergmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could get a tank that size! Would love to see more of this tank! Great job
Thanks,
Not sure if I like Montipora or not. They easily get out of control. I didn't plan very well when I put some of mine in the tank. They really need to be at the bottom as far away from Acropora as possible it would seem.

lavoisier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful, an inspiration. I like your gregarious Flame Angel and you have a great collection of Damsels.

I'm curious, as your coral grew out over the last 10 years did you have to add any pumps for flow purposes? I'd love to hear and see more about your system.

OP
OP
S

steve bergmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful, an inspiration. I like your gregarious Flame Angel and you have a great collection of Damsels.

I'm curious, as your coral grew out over the last 10 years did you have to add any pumps for flow purposes? I'd love to hear and see more about your system.
There are 3 Flame angels in the tank that spawn every night as the lights go down. They feed the Anthia's and I imagine the coral as well.

Flow is always a concern. When I originally set up the tank I should have put MP60's at the bottom of the tank. That would have made the flow much better for the tank now where the pumps are centered and towards the top. As the corals grow they tend to cut themselves off of both flow and light which causes you to have to make adjustments. Right now there are 4 mp60's providing the flow.

If I do an overhaul I will try to get two of the mp60's towards the bottom and try to open up the flow more. Acropora need lot's of flow which is hard to continue to give to them as they grow and choke themselves out.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that GSP back wall— does the Emperor Angel totally ignore it— or by now there is so much of it that he can only trim it back?

(And don’t hate me... but with all that you have going on, the Yellow Tail Damsel caught my eye— great pop of color!! Lol!!)

Beautiful tank. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
S

steve bergmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that GSP back wall— does the Emperor Angel totally ignore it— or by now there is so much of it that he can only trim it back?

(And don’t hate me... but with all that you have going on, the Yellow Tail Damsel caught my eye— great pop of color!! Lol!!)

Beautiful tank. Thanks for sharing.
Sadly the Emperor Angel does not touch the Green Star Polyp, I have a love hate relationship with GSP. As you can see it is slowly taking over the tank. It is an original coral that was put into the tank. Worried that the GSP may eventually cause me to strip down the tank to get it out of the tank and attempt to redo the the landscaping if you will.

I love the yellow tail damsel fish. In my opinion for the $ spent the yellow tail damsel maybe the best fish out there. They tend to stay low while the Anthia's and Chromas tend to stay high. Together they make sure that there are adequate fish to look at throughout the entire tank to go along with the corals.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back