OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look beautiful, do you plan on getting another rabbit or foxface out of curiosity?
Maybe down the road... Tank is a bit more calm without the frantic darting and skittishness from the big rabbitfish. I still have the uspi foxface, so im satisfied with that for now. Considering a siganus corallinus or a siganus virgatus. Saw some at the LFS today and they caught my eye.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe down the road... Tank is a bit more calm without the frantic darting and skittishness from the big rabbitfish. I still have the uspi foxface, so im satisfied with that for now. Considering a siganus corallinus or a siganus virgatus. Saw some at the LFS today and they caught my eye.
S. corallinus is a stunning species, I remember seeing a thread of someone who had an adult and it was a stunner. Never seen one in the LFS though so I stuck to the streak of Magnificents and after having 2 model citizens I couldn’t have a tank without one.
S. virgatus is another beauty! Absolutely love the striping with the mask. I’ve seen about 3 adults of this species and it’s really worth it. My dream rabbit that I don’t currently own is either S. corallinus or very similar species to S. virgatus (S. puellus).

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to report, the new tang trio is doing well! The Skunk clown has decided that the mushroom is her new host.

FullSizeR(3).jpg
FullSizeR(4).jpg
FullSizeR(2).jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much currently. Everything is running like a champ, and I want to say I'm at 4 leathers. Its 3 a.m., Ill get some pictures when the lights are on.
That’s good to hear that everything’s running well! Do you plan on trying another gorgonian in the future?

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s good to hear that everything’s running well! Do you plan on trying another gorgonian in the future?
Yeah. I want to do it again, but finding a gorgonian here in So. Cal is kinda a pain. Went to 3 different LFS's, a few days ago, couldn't find one. The red gorg is still around, the stump that the rabbitfish left is growing. The yellow was a total loss.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I want to do it again, but finding a gorgonian here in So. Cal is kinda a pain. Went to 3 different LFS's, a few days ago, couldn't find one. The red gorg is still around, the stump that the rabbitfish left is growing. The yellow was a total loss.
That’s great to hear about the red, hopefully you find another. I’d love to try some form of harder coral similar to the levels of Acros in my 4’ tank again but finding them is hard without going an hour and 30 minutes away.

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s great to hear about the red, hopefully you find another. I’d love to try some form of harder coral similar to the levels of Acros in my 4’ tank again but finding them is hard without going an hour and 30 minutes away.
That regard im fortunate as there is 3 reputable LFS's within 30 minutes drive from my house. I never had luck with sps in general, let alone acros or any of the other 'poras.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That regard im fortunate as there is 3 reputable LFS's within 30 minutes drive from my house. I never had luck with sps in general, let alone acros or any of the other 'poras.
Yeah, I’ve only grown acros once before I started my nano as an acro heavy tank and they went alright. Montis either die off or do absolutely nothing for me though.

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still on a hunt for softies, if your selling, hit me up.

Nothing to add as its going swimmingly! Nitrate & Phosphate is a bit high so Im trying to work on that. N was at 48 and P was at .6 (tested with hanna). I normally do 10g a week water changes but may need to step it up to 15g a week due to HEAVY stocking imho.
20220629_183023_HDR.jpg

20220629_183132_HDR.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still on a hunt for softies, if your selling, hit me up.

Nothing to add as its going swimmingly! Nitrate & Phosphate is a bit high so Im trying to work on that. N was at 48 and P was at .6 (tested with hanna). I normally do 10g a week water changes but may need to step it up to 15g a week due to HEAVY stocking imho.
20220629_183023_HDR.jpg

20220629_183132_HDR.jpg
Look at the size of those YTs! Also, the Cebu lubbocki is a stunner :)

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lubbocks has caught the eye of the blue throat as of late. Lots of flashing and occasional chasing. I was warned that the blue throat was not going to be a model citizen, but when the blue throat flashes the coloring is legit. Hoping the blue throats behavior doesn't get worse, upside I know its catchable from the goldspot rabbitfish saga.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lubbocks has caught the eye of the blue throat as of late. Lots of flashing and occasional chasing. I was warned that the blue throat was not going to be a model citizen, but when the blue throat flashes the coloring is legit. Hoping the blue throats behavior doesn't get worse, upside I know its catchable from the goldspot rabbitfish saga.
I’d love to have my flasher display but he never does even with my two lubbockis displaying at eachother every so often.

Blue throats are beautiful to watch show off for sure though.
The yt's are about 4 inches each. The purple is closer to 4.5 and the little sailfin is right at 2".
They sound like they’re the perfect sizes, wonder if the YTs will get much bigger as everyone else says they stay 5” or less whilst PTs get 6” or less.

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love to have my flasher display but he never does even with my two lubbockis displaying at eachother every so often.

Blue throats are beautiful to watch show off for sure though.

They sound like they’re the perfect sizes, wonder if the YTs will get much bigger as everyone else says they stay 5” or less whilst PTs get 6” or less.
Im hoping the yt & purple are about done growing. I know the sailfin will end up a beast but, I'm hoping im in a 180g by then. My other half calls the 2 yellow and purple tangs the 'things' from Dr. Seuss lore.

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To touch on this a bit more. I live in a condo with a common wall, my neighbor sprung a leak in his wall and it managed to affect the other two units that have shared walls, mine included. Due to the subsequent damage, I have to rip out a LOT of drywall since the leak has been for a few days now and there is already mold. The primary issue is that one of the damaged walls are behind the aquarium and they will need to remove the wall and damaged engineered wood flooring that's under the tank.

So.... It's a bit of a blessing as I've been pondering a questionable seam on my merely 16 month old 120g. It looks like one panel will need a reseal @ some (this) point. I figure since I need to move the aquarium to repair the drywall and flooring there is a big question mark. So whether this tank will be resealed, replaced with another 120g or upgraded to a 150/180g or a 6ft 125g, I don't know... Looks like the fish will be downgraded and spread out between a 50g, 10g and a 20g. Maybe one larger rubbermaid tub and something small for the wrasses.

So my dilemma indeed.

20220710_050911.jpg

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the teardown prep begins...

Going to stuff everyone in a 50g, 20g and a 10g until I get the house and the tank figured out.

Have to set up a appointment for asbestos testing as the place was built in 1970 and the dreaded popcorn ceilings still exist under the stairs. The mold abatement folks are running a massively loud dehumidifier so thats a pain, lol.

Some photos: the under stair closet if you zoom in towards the carpet, the mold is already there :(

20220711_225732.jpg
20220711_225719.jpg

20g setup:
20220711_225648~2.jpg

Dying seam on 120g:
20220711_225802.jpg

Gonna be a LONG week!

Back