My 4x2x2 120 Gal Build

Demo has begun!

20220719_200024.jpg

20220719_200633.jpg
20220719_200639.jpg
20220719_200211.jpg
 
You should be able to use the return hole on the overflow box as a spot for your return by using a few 90 street elbows + bulk head if you want to do it over the top vs using the original hole in the bottom of the overflow box.

I'm assuming the reason you want to do that is to utilize 2 drains to reduce noise vs the likely original single drain design?
 
You should be able to use the return hole on the overflow box as a spot for your return by using a few 90 street elbows + bulk head if you want to do it over the top vs using the original hole in the bottom of the overflow box.

I'm assuming the reason you want to do that is to utilize 2 drains to reduce noise vs the likely original single drain design?
I was already running a Herbie and plumbed the return with a 3/4 bulkhead via the existing hole, over the top. I'm planning some more creative plumbing. I could also drill since the bottom isn't tempered.
 
Finally got a painter to come give me a estimate tomorrow. Also my handyman will be attempting to match the floor moulding....

Painting and plumbing are two things I pay for, also drywall, as they are worth EVERY penny.

Ordered a gyre for the 120g. Gonna try a jebao scp 120m. Using a old gyre on the 50g cube and the flow is legit in a vertical setup. Will see how it scales up. If it doesn't work, I have a pair of older mp40's to use.
 
Crummy update, lost a few fish over the past few days. Whipfin fairy is gone and lost the uspi foxface this morning.

Much as I dig the uspi... May stay away from foxfaces/rabbits for a bit, too cryptic.

The whipfin is a meh loss, it wasn't a great stocking choice to begin with and now I know better after that experience.

Upside, got a estimate for paint, contract is being drawn up and paint & baseboards will be done by end of the week.

Burning money this week, lol...
 
It's done and the move is done. Everyone is back where they should be, time to consider life in the 50g. Thinking of trying sps...

PXL_20220827_173732656.jpg
You should definitely give SPS a shot!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new