OP
zup33r

zup33r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks KDawg
We are lucky to have some awesome LFS and suppliers. There is never a shortage of A grade corals.
The clams deserve more room. They have out grown their space fast.

KDawg0623

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats! I don't think the video quality did justice to your tank, but it was great that they did a tour of it. So the clams will have plenty of space in the new tank though! Will you just keep the same coral and just give it all more space to grow since it is all flourishing? Or add more and more corals to the new one also?

OP
OP
zup33r

zup33r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes your right video was an old go pro with a dirty lens.
It was filmed late so my lights were winding down 20K.
I plan on getting more creative with the scaping.
I will need more corals. I'm going to get a couple of large colony's.

KDawg0623

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes your right video was an old go pro with a dirty lens.
It was filmed late so my lights were winding down 20K.
I plan on getting more creative with the scaping.
I will need more corals. I'm going to get a couple of large colony's.

Well it was still very cool of them to do it. Well whatever you end up doing it will look great

OP
OP
zup33r

zup33r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
428781704b14c15051626736c50013b4.jpg

I picked up my sump yesterday.
6x2
Well on the way to having it plumbed up.

OP
OP
zup33r

zup33r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it seems every good tank journal has a story to it. I have been very brief about myself so far. While I'm waiting for glues to dry I will share mine.
I had a few successful tanks when I was younger. I spent a year working in the industry approximately 20 years ago.
I lived a transient lifestyle for years working around the country. As we all know moving tanks isn't fun. So I gave my tank away.

The last year my wife has had unexplainable health issues. In and out of hospital. We have 2 young kids. So it's been a very tuff year on both of us. The stress brings on my OCDness. I read and article after article on every autoimmune condition known to man. It was driving me mental.
I thought if I redirect that energy into a new hobby it would be more healthy for me.
As I threw myself into obsessing learning and running my tank. I found my troubles just seemed to disappear. In my head anyways lol.
My tank has helped me get through a tuff time.
My number one hobby and first love is skydiving. Slightly less relaxing than reefing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zup33r

zup33r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a4ad4ed4556f0fd10a93d574676235ce.jpg

Finally installed ATO
Also added a drain to my reservoir so it can't over fill. I'm working on an auto water change system.
Octopus neck cleaner definitely worth the money. Skimmer is working 100% all the time now.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back