My 72 Bowfront Build Revised Thread

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She is a Marathon runner, so I have plenty of time:rolleyes:. We are very open about a finances so there is no sneaking around, so there would be a discussion and the rimless will take place. I am thing of building the tank myself, and I will also build the sump. I want to see what the cost of sapphire glass is. Sapphire is very clear and dose not scratch that easily.
what i do with my money is my business she gets hers and the rest into joint account . Getting married in July now so that will kill the saving so the upgrade will wait a while. Will go to the maldives on honeymoon to keep me happy until i get my upgrade lol. Its allot harder to get things here in Norway than in the us and allot more expensive !

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you said sapphire, nuff said. you will be the first to do it if you go through with it GUARANTEED!!!
I will do it, I have a good glass guy I can rely on. I will find the posts and copy the pic later

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank and stand are amazing also the aquascape is very nice! Enjoyed reading the progression of your setup..hope to have something that nice some day soon! Glad your back in the hobby!

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what i do with my money is my business she gets hers and the rest into joint account . Getting married in July now so that will kill the saving so the upgrade will wait a while. Will go to the maldives on honeymoon to keep me happy until i get my upgrade lol. Its allot harder to get things here in Norway than in the us and allot more expensive !
Congratulation on the marriage. I just found that I have more peace with keeping the bookkeeping open. Plus it is kind of hard when she does the bookkeeping for our companies:). The thing that is nice though is that I have my reefing extra income which is discretionary income:rolleyes:

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank and stand are amazing also the aquascape is very nice! Enjoyed reading the progression of your setup..hope to have something that nice some day soon! Glad your back in the hobby!
Hey thank you. All wood all the time.:D:D

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to pull the heater for the vinegar soak and place it back in the sump, the temp was dropping. Remember this, "lucky is a residue of design". Meaning "every decision you make now is for you future ,So make wise decisions and your future will come to fruition". That is you Zin for today;) I live it, breath it, and eat it

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is aquascape I made same compounds as natural reef rock, very porous, stable in the tank. Tell me what you think!
image.jpeg

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boom, I am impressed. Back in the day, we you use busted up cinder block for the reef base. Then drop the live tonga rock on top. the rock look like most of the rock that one purchases in the store. I need to play about with a product that I have to make a shelf on the back of the tank that is held on with magnets. I need to make a mold and figure how to keep the magnets glue in place and what type of magnets to use.

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boom, I am impressed. Back in the day, we you use busted up cinder block for the reef base. Then drop the live tonga rock on top. the rock look like most of the rock that one purchases in the store. I need to play about with a product that I have to make a shelf on the back of the tank that is held on with magnets. I need to make a mold and figure how to keep the magnets glue in place and what type of magnets to use.
Thanks a lot! Sounds like a fun next project for you..I might play around with that idea as well..got a pretty good idea how to make the shelf, imbedding the mags would be the challenge. Holding weight for a long period needs a little for thought...don't like loud crashes in the middle of the night you know!

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Eaj1001 found the magnets. Now to make the styro mold

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulation on the marriage. I just found that I have more peace with keeping the bookkeeping open. Plus it is kind of hard when she does the bookkeeping for our companies:). The thing that is nice though is that I have my reefing extra income which is discretionary income:rolleyes:
Thanks :) not long left now . Actually getting legally married in June in Norway then having a ceremony wedding and party in Ireland where i am from. My one is well smart when it comes to money and she takes care of it all lol She even asks if someone comes around to buy frags so HOW MUCH ? did you get :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back