My 72 Bowfront Build Revised Thread

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a 48" x 24" x 16" roughly 80 gallon tank with a cracked bottom panel for free. That's gonna be my frag system.One day... For now I recently ordered a 23 plug frag rack for my DT. $20 on amazon

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a 48" x 24" x 16" roughly 80 gallon tank with a cracked bottom panel for free. That's gonna be my frag system.One day... For now I recently ordered a 23 plug frag rack for my DT. $20 on amazon
I made one out of a mag float and the piece of egg create:). I saw a tank out by the trash about three months ago and I know I should have picked it up. I do not know were is would put a frag tank. I think what I will do is make a rimless tank(experiment) and use that for a tank and frag tank.

this is what you need, https://reefbuilders.com/2015/04/23/large-magnetic-frag-shelves-alternative-reef-pretty-cool/

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
parameter this week
1380 mg
485 ca
10.5 alk
Po4 .02ppm
No3 4ppm
cut back my dosing on 1+ to 48ml twice a day 2+ 43 ml twice a day 3+ 48 ml twice a day
H2O2 8 ml twice a day after figuring out that I dose dosing every other day
add a bunch of clean up crew
add a harlequin shrimp to rid the asterina stars

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Droped Fabio in about 1:00 pm and have not seen him since. I will do a poparazzi on him when he want to come out and do a meet and greet

Last edited:

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice looking tank will be amazing to see in a year when it grows out. Very nice sump really well done. Nice fish and corals:) will be keeping an eye on this as it grows and matures :)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice looking tank will be amazing to see in a year when it grows out. Very nice sump really well done. Nice fish and corals:) will be keeping an eye on this as it grows and matures :)
Thank you very much for the complements:). It has been a fun project

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure it has and the best part its only beginning :)
This tank is in sit back and watch it grown mode now, may be a couple of small changes to the back side of the system(new product that I might want to test) I am going to start looking for a rimless tank aka frag tank for my wife office

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is in sit back and watch it grown mode now, may be a couple of small changes to the back side of the system(new product that I might want to test) I am going to start looking for a rimless tank aka frag tank for my wife office
well your doing good then when your wife lets you put a tank in her office you are sorted lol i know what my wife to be would tell me if i asked that lol. I have an agreement when we move i can upgrade. I just dont think she realises yet how much i am going to upgrade lol

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well your doing good then when your wife lets you put a tank in her office you are sorted lol i know what my wife to be would tell me if i asked that lol. I have an agreement when we move i can upgrade. I just dont think she realises yet how much i am going to upgrade lol

She said I could have another Harley if I pay cash, but she does not know that she is getting a tank yet:rolleyes:. I have to finish her desk, and I am going to build a open stand using 4 x 4 maple. I have been looking at these guys over in Europe and I like how the are doing wood instead of steal.

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She said I could have another Harley if I pay cash, but she does not know that she is getting a tank yet:rolleyes:. I have to finish her desk, and I am going to build a open stand using 4 x 4 maple. I have been looking at these guys over in Europe and I like how the are doing wood instead of steal.
lol i love the fact she does not know yet ha ha so where are you taking her shopping so she is distracted looking at all the new shoes and clothes when you sneak the tank in he he

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah mine either. I'm going 150 or 180. What about you?

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have pics of the wooden stands? Sounds interesting...

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol i love the fact she does not know yet ha ha so where are you taking her shopping so she is distracted looking at all the new shoes and clothes when you sneak the tank in he he
She is a Marathon runner, so I have plenty of time:rolleyes:. We are very open about a finances so there is no sneaking around, so there would be a discussion and the rimless will take place. I am thing of building the tank myself, and I will also build the sump. I want to see what the cost of sapphire glass is. Sapphire is very clear and dose not scratch that easily.

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She is a Marathon runner, so I have plenty of time:rolleyes:. We are very open about a finances so there is no sneaking around, so there would be a discussion and the rimless will take place. I am thing of building the tank myself, and I will also build the sump. I want to see what the cost of sapphire glass is. Sapphire is very clear and dose not scratch that easily.
you said sapphire, nuff said. you will be the first to do it if you go through with it GUARANTEED!!!

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have pics of the wooden stands? Sounds interesting...
I would have to go back and look through my posts, I know one guy is from the UK. and another from Norway. I have the design in my mind, and might CAD it out next week.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back