My 72 Bowfront Build Revised Thread

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't threaten me w/ a good time :) I love to mess around on computers. I spend 50% of my life on them

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made filter socks for the sump. The cost were so low, and you would figure time is money. I am still figuring out Adobe Premiere Pro CC so the video is a little ruff with the edit. You have to start somewhere

This could not have been done with out my helper holding down the felt during the wind storm from the ceiling fan
Charlie 4-19-16.jpg

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't threaten me w/ a good time :) I love to mess around on computers. I spend 50% of my life on them
I have build a few myself. This fish thing has been getting in the way of me getting a MacBook pro to learn

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The strangest thing happen yesterday. My Matted file fish is now eating the nori the I put out for the tangs

IMG_3298.JPG

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy. The bubble tip anemone is in the tank no less the 2 hours and my clown is already hosting:)
IMG_3302.JPG

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a good picture, but the sally light foot in action
IMG_3306.JPG

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy. The bubble tip anemone is in the tank no less the 2 hours and my clown is already hosting:)
IMG_3302.JPG
That's great! My 2 bubble tips are getting big quick, I have my female percula still alive and in QT. I was thinking about adding 3 juveniles to the tank when my fallow period is over.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great! My 2 bubble tips are getting big quick, I have my female percula still alive and in QT. I was thinking about adding 3 juveniles to the tank when my fallow period is over.
I was reading that earlier, I would like to have two different clowns. I have the yellow strip maroon clown and I have to wait the the clown get bigger before adding another.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big does that crab get? and how big is she now?
from what I was reading about 3 inch main body, and she is about an inch now. I think this one is going to make it, she is moving all over the tank.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know I am starting to see the results of vacuuming, and I real %10 water change. Day two of the sally light foot watch, she is still there. The anemone moved a few inches and seem to also be happy.

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know I am starting to see the results of vacuuming, and I real %10 water change. Day two of the sally light foot watch, she is still there. The anemone moved a few inches and seem to also be happy.
That's awesome. My 3 anemones are my favorites in the tank. I enjoy feeding them little chunks of shrimp every couple days.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
62 day update. Yes I have the algae issues, I am working on getting rid of the algae the natural was. Snails and Crabs with some tweaks for my light and management of the cleaning. My DIY sump has been online for 3 weeks and is working out well. If I can suggest anything, get gate valves instead of the ball valves. Replacing the ball valve increase my flow in the sump I would say by half and a big difference in moving water. The ball valve was slowing down the siphon from the over flow. I am also putting in a check valve in the pump side and pickup a GF Piping Systems PVC Y Check Valve, Wye, EPDM Seat, EPDM Seal, 3/4" Spigot so much better than a flapper valve this was a suggestion from @FrankAbagnale

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking professional my friend. I can't find a goniopora the same color as yours anywhere. I'm glad you're liking the sump. Any update on nutrient levels?

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking professional my friend. I can't find a goniopora the same color as yours anywhere. I'm glad you're liking the sump. Any update on nutrient levels?
Po4 .02ppm
No3 4ppm
Nutrients are coming in line. my cleaning crew and doing a good job, but I think they need a little more help from the snail side. I introduce 10 more snail. My Mexican turbos are getting fat, just went on sally light foot patrol and sally is still hanging in there.
Goniopora https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/w...splitter-2-day-live-sale.247868/#post-2915190 here is your answer. remember F5 is your friend. and of course I am busy as heck that weekend. I am looking for one thing, if I do not get a wild hair the evening and get this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWC-Deep-Sp...783097?hash=item41aa48f839:g:ITYAAOSwn9lXLP4P

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back