OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! That is one of the biggest matted filefish I have ever seen!
Thank you, he is a spoiled kid too, now he is into the nori and I am late for dinner because he is waiting by the front of the tank:)

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That 2 day live sale looks interesting. I just blew a grand on my 35th birthday party. Smoked some briskets, set up a above ground pool and slip and slide, celebrated mothers day the same day, and certainly got some new AA candidates! But I'll have another payday right before that sale. I scored some purple hammer tonight from a local. My fiance cut his hair and he gave me coral and a thermometer. Good trades!

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a great weekend. What is the pool for, Large salt water tank upgrade? Just think what you could put in there. When are putting your stocking list together?:) I suggesting manta rays

I saw the deep blue space Arco I am looking for at auction last night, but passed on it for $61. I am gambling that they will have a couple on the live sale and I can pick one up for $40+ but I also need to watch money for the coming up events. If you do the live sale it is best to pick up a few corals to off set the shipping of $39. If have won 9 or 10 at one sale with 1 or 2, 5 dollar frags. They kind of change that around too, to were you can only win one $5 frags. I am kind of spoiled the great things is that I live less 2 miles from @WWC and I can pick up.

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it might be a good thing that I don't live by WWC. Our kid would never have new clothes or east every night of the week.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great work, really like the aquascape!

jgvergo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jsker, great build thread. I visited WWC earlier this year and was very impressed with their operation. It was the ultimate in professionalism. I will be ordering from them in the future. Question about your hippo tang...I have always wanted one, but I've read they need more room than I can provide (my DT is 85 gallons). What are your thoughts?

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jsker, great build thread. I visited WWC earlier this year and was very impressed with their operation. It was the ultimate in professionalism. I will be ordering from them in the future. Question about your hippo tang...I have always wanted one, but I've read they need more room than I can provide (my DT is 85 gallons). What are your thoughts?

Ethel(hippo Tang) will have to be cough and re homed one day, that will be a said day. Ethel I my original fish, and she is happy and about 3.5 inches after 16 months. She was about an inch when a purchased her. My tank is 72 gal DT. Even WWC has one in the big tank up front, and speaking with Josh that will have to be caught an re-home in one of there larger tanks. I also have a sail fin tang that will have to be caught. My thought is, when you provide a good temporary home and understand that one day some of the larger tangs will have to be re-homed, go for it.
Thank you for the complements on the system.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been dealing with all kinds of Algae the past month. Dialed back the light a bit, and found out the a had to doser setup wrong for H2O2 dosing. supposed to be 8 ml twice a day, not 8ml twice a day every other day

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been dealing with all kinds of Algae the past month. Dialed back the light a bit, and found out the a had to doser setup wrong for H2O2 dosing. supposed to be 8 ml twice a day, not 8ml twice a day every other day

Nice looking tank!!

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jingle bells cyphastrea. I can't remember.
Ding, Ding, Ding. :) we have a winner. I have another cyphastrea next to the jingle bells that is starting to spread. I also have a mardi gras that is spreding. Time to start fragging:rolleyes:

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ding, Ding, Ding. :) we have a winner. I have another cyphastrea next to the jingle bells that is starting to spread. I also have a mardi gras that is spreding. Time to start fragging:rolleyes:
are they easy to frag? I've never fragged anything before.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are they easy to frag? I've never fragged anything before.
I have had a good response with these three. If you would like I could frag them?

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want you to tell me how to frag them. Once I find room for my new ones we can trade each other after they grow some. Is it easy to break of a piece of those encrusting sps?

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 34 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.2%
Back