OP
Fishy888

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to install the sump under the stand last night. Evidently the clearance was 1 inch too short. Thankfully though I have a stand the sump can go on. That will let me place everything in the display into the sump while I take care of the issue with the stand.

A while back I was going to build a whole new stand but I decided against it because I don't like the idea of the tank and stand being so top heavy; and I didn't have quite enough 2 x 4s to build a new stand. I do have plenty of 2 x 3s however I doubt they would be strong enough long term to hold 800 lbs.

Today I will receive my pod cultures and my scope. The phyto has been in the fridge since Friday morning. It's been busy lately so I haven't set up the phyto container yet. I need to set up the pod tanks as well. That will happen today.

It looks like the cabbage leathers are extending polyps here and there. The rest of the corals are about the same. The inverts and fish are looking good as well.

The heavy feeding I have been doing has finally brought more green algae. The dinos are dying off slowly. The rocks particularly have lost a decent amount of dinoflagellates. They've been replaced with the green algae. As long as I can keep my levels where they are things will get better soon enough.

OP
OP
Fishy888

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After thinking long and hard about things I have decided it will be better to downgrade to the 45 gallon tank that would have been my sump. I have a 10 gallon tank to use as a sump for it as well. With the financial issues I have had this year I feel this would be more beneficial for the animals I am keeping. I will eventually upgrade to a 150 or higher especially since finances will be better by late summer. This will be the last post in this thread. I will start a new thread called "Perseverance Reef ". That thread will be more interesting hopefully than this one has been. Thank you to everyone who has given me advice and to everyone who has followed this build journal. Better things are coming!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 76 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back