My 90g reef

LegoZ81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice let me know if you want help setting up a custom webpage for the controller. If you have a spare computer we can setup everything. you can have a webcam and what not. let me know. mine is at LegoZ's Reef Tank

OP
OP
Supreme Reefs

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice let me know if you want help setting up a custom webpage for the controller. If you have a spare computer we can setup everything. you can have a webcam and what not. let me know. mine is at LegoZ's Reef Tank

That is really cool :) ill let you know when im ready to do that, i do have a spare but i think the motherboard got fried :( if that gets fixed somehow im def going to set that up.

OP
OP
Supreme Reefs

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it has been a while since i updated this. I just have been very busy lately and trying to get this done so i can have it start cycling. So here are some pics :)

IMG_9962.jpg

Fits perfectly and made some baffles...

IMG_9963.jpg

Got my black starboard and silicone the edges...

_MG_9992.jpg

Made the light stand out of PVC then spray painted it black... The light was heavier than i thought about 30 something pounds or more... The glass shield weighs a lot! I was worried it wouldnt hold but i guess PVC is pretty strong :) it bends but nothing too major... I havent seen the fixture for a while since i purchased it a long time ago and when i was building the light stand i measured wrong for the hanging kit so came up short :( hope its not too much of a problem in the long run.

Last edited:

obi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great stuff man should be a great looking setup!

OP
OP
Supreme Reefs

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres some more pics...

_MG_9968.jpg

Hamilton Cebu 2 250watt 20k Radiums, 4 T-5 actinic 03, and not sure if you can see it but this fixture has some LEDs on the base of the single ended bulbs also thinking about switching 2 of the T-5 03 actinics to 22k aqua science though what you guys think?

IMG_9973.jpg

Mesh Tops

_MG_9983.jpg

_MG_9985.jpg

_MG_9987.jpg

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing bro! Can't wait to see it in person. U gotta check out my tank when its settled in.

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good Ben, are u running anything else other than the return with that flowstar?don't you think 1500gph is a bit much?

and what skimmer is that?

OP
OP
Supreme Reefs

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lookin like an awesome build. like how clean it is.

Thanks!

Amazing bro! Can't wait to see it in person. U gotta check out my tank when its settled in.

Thanks bro! Yeah i really cant wait to check out your tank as well!

looking good Ben, are u running anything else other than the return with that flowstar?don't you think 1500gph is a bit much?

and what skimmer is that?

Thanks Billy! Just the flowstar :) yeah that is a lot but i added a ball valve so i adjusted it about 50% or so. The skimmer is SWC 160 cone, got it from Luke at reeffiltration.

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've gotta come by one of these days..btw i got my new setup plumbed in the basement...filling with water right now..

OP
OP
Supreme Reefs

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've gotta come by one of these days..btw i got my new setup plumbed in the basement...filling with water right now..

Sure stop by anytime... well after a week or so, the area is a mess and even i barely have space to walk lol... i really need to get this done so i can clean up...

Wow that was fast you almost beat me to it and i started my set up first! Are you using all RO water to fill it up?

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea well i picked up my stand last saturday and got it plumbed sunday and started making water....i have a 50gpd unit and left it on since sunday afternoon and it barely filled up half the tank(water is freezing cold), so i borrowed my cuz' 100gpd unit and its filling up much quicker....i'm pretty siked about it...got my Geo CaRX coming in the mail...

how are your corals doing now?

OP
OP
Supreme Reefs

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea well i picked up my stand last saturday and got it plumbed sunday and started making water....i have a 50gpd unit and left it on since sunday afternoon and it barely filled up half the tank(water is freezing cold), so i borrowed my cuz' 100gpd unit and its filling up much quicker....i'm pretty siked about it...got my Geo CaRX coming in the mail...

how are your corals doing now?

Wow thats a lot of water... at least you dont have to carry buckets of water from upstairs to downstairs.... Thats a pretty beast reactor from what i heard :)

Corals are doing good, but its that time of the year i guess where some zoas start to act funny... How are yours doing?

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is coming nice tu gothre ben werry nice i need tu come overe again pickup the rest i call you sone i need tu figur oll this .

Back