• Refugium only

• Frag tank

• Pod Heaven

• Other (specify in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

peteyspizza

View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody!
Today I realized that I was running out of room in my frag tank and decided to add another little tank off to the side. So I got it all planned out, then set it up dry (pic 1) and made sure it would work. After that, I filled it up and aligned the overflow and pump. I made the mistake of putting the end of the hose from the pump all the way into the frag tank and once I turned stuff off it started siphoning back and spilled probably a gallon of water behind the tanks (picture 2). I pulled it all out and dried it up and put everything back. After a hour or two of changing small things and troubleshooting I finally got it set up. The overflow was too loud and splashed everywhere so I "fixed" the problems, probably just causing more down the road. I made a deli cup cover that went over the end of the pipe and a deli cup dampener to keep the water from splashing so much (picture 3 and 4). I know it looks crappy and like it's on the verge of catastrophic failure, but to be honest I'm proud of the fact that I was able to make everything work by just rummaging around through old (saltwater and freshwater) supplies. Now that the extra tank is set up, I can't decide what I want it to be. I used to have a mantis shrimp and that was pretty cool, so I'm toying around with the idea of maybe a refugium/mantis tank combo, a frag tank, just a refugium, a copepod/ampipod heaven filled with pod hotels, just a mantis shrimp tank, or some kind of other invertebrate tank, for example a bunch of cleaner shrimps or something. What are your ideas? (I put egg crate in for now but it can easily be taken out)
Thanks! Peter

FRAG5.JPG FRAG2.JPG FRAG3.JPG FRAG6.JPG FRAG FINAL.JPG

Last edited:

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so.. you have too many frags you say. WHat are you doing or planning for those frags?

Depending on your answer.. set up a Nudi breeding tank.. and empty the frag tank and grow Aiptasia.. To feed the Nudis.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back