My anemone was sucked into filter

gzilla

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2022
Messages
14
Reaction score
1
Location
Covina
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My anemone was sucked into filter vents, i I caught it just in time, half of it was inbetween the vents, I turned off the filter and carfully took it out. The foot does not seem damaged nor ripped. I put it in a small container, should i leave it in the container ? or put it back in the tank ? do you think it’ll live ? i need some feedback:/

37F5B36B-3EE6-43AF-9E51-C2E48316D1F1.jpeg 46759C4C-1E76-4D94-AC8A-845B026C3B2C.jpeg 35DC09A7-998F-4FA8-8409-F4F6900601FA.jpeg
 
Definitely leave it in the container as long as it can get some flow (water movement). If it wasn’t torn I think it should survive. Doesn’t look happy, but I wouldn’t either.

This will let you keep a better eye on it. If it recovers pretty good, then you could move it out of the container and try to place it somewhere it likes so it stays put.
 
Upvote 0
Definitely leave it in the container as long as it can get some flow (water movement). If it wasn’t torn I think it should survive. Doesn’t look happy, but I wouldn’t either.

This will let you keep a better eye on it. If it recovers pretty good, then you could move it out of the container and try to place it somewhere it likes so it stays put.
Thank you so much! should i swap out the water in the container ever so often ?
 
Upvote 0
I guess I thought the container was in the tank. Do not leave it in a container outside of the tank as the temp will change and oxygen won’t be replenished. If the container is tank safe, no metal, and you can let it set on the sand or bottom of the tank, that is what I would do.
 
Upvote 0
It needs flow, if the container doesn’t allow for flow, you need to put it in one that does. A moderate amount of flow will help it remove any dead/damaged tissue and help keep the wound clean.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new