My BTA is not doing good?

sveOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Long time lurker here... I have a bit of a concern for my anemone which was added on saturday. I hope you can help me.

The anemone was acclimatised over 2 hour. It came on a piece of rock, so I placed the anemone at the spot I wanted it together with the rock.

All was looking good. Here is a picture of it beeing in the tank for 1.5ish hours.

1.jpg

1. saturday 20:11

Yesterday morning it was looking good (no pictures), but as I was passing the tank at around 12:20 it did not look so good, and things
looked worse during the day. I have tanken pictures at various intervalls. During the night it moved around 1 inch.

2.jpg

2. monday 12:27

At this point I thought maybe the light/flow was to much for it.. So I turned down the flow and shaded it a bit (by putting a paper sheet on top of the jumpguard
to shade it)

3.jpg

3. monday 12:42

4.jpg

4. monday 18:38

At around 19:30 it started to look better?

5.jpg

5. monday 19:32

6.jpg

6. monday 20:39

****** pictures but taken after lights out.. looking better?

7.jpg

7. monday 22:31

8.jpg

8. monday 23:13

But this morning, before lights got on.. it looked like **** again. What is going on.. is it dying? Should I take it out? What to do.. this is my first
anemone.

A little info about my tank

Tank is 6 months and 16 days

Tank: Waterbox 60.2
no3 5ppm
calsium 460
magnesium 1600 (LPS said this was of no concern)
alk 7.6
1025.1 sg
ph 8
temp 25.9c
phosphate - I see now that I have not tested for this in about 2 weeks. I run rowa and normally it always comes up as 0, so I've been slacking a bit on the testing.
Using Tropic marin pro reef salt.
Dosing small amount of Aquaforrest KH buffer (0.23ml) each 3rd day.

Other livestock doing fine;
zoas, euphyllia's, stylophora, gsp, candy cane, ricordea, snails, urchin, clowns, firefish and yellow watchman

Hope someone can tell me what is going on..

Thanks in advance

/sven

OP
OP
sveOne

sveOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pheew... I thought it was dying :) So very good news, I worried for nothing then.

I dripped acclimated it. Should I remove the paper sheet and turn the flow back up to normal then I assume?

/sven

shadesatsetbreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pheew... I thought it was dying :) So very good news, I worried for nothing then.

I dripped acclimated it. Should I remove the paper sheet and turn the flow back up to normal then I assume?

/sven
Yes I think that'd be ok. BTAs are reasonably hardy, and will move if they're not happy with flow or light.
Drip acclimation is only really necessary for fish. With nems just float the bag to temp acclimate and drop em in like you would a coral. Don't feed them for a week, and don't use store bought shrimp when you do. Given stable water parameters and plenty of light that's about all you need!

OP
OP
sveOne

sveOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I think that'd be ok. BTAs are reasonably hardy, and will move if they're not happy with flow or light.
Drip acclimation is only really necessary for fish. With nems just float the bag to temp acclimate and drop em in like you would a coral. Don't feed them for a week, and don't use store bought shrimp when you do. Given stable water parameters and plenty of light that's about all you need!

Thanks!

/Sven

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back