OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The editing on the mobile version is giving me conniptions. I tabbed out to check an email, had to log back in, previous response was gone so I retyped, pushed ‘post’ and now both replies are merged into 1...

Thanks for the info Kyle!
I can fix it! ;)

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone care to check my math?

IMG_20190819_161909.jpg
Looks good to me :)

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to thank @HotRocks and others that helped me in this thread. My first fish were 3 clowns that I QT'ed and basically ended up QT'ing twice (long story for another day). They have been in the DT now post QT for a little over a month and doing great. One clown is being hosted by my rbta and the other two hang around together. eating a variety of foods but I am narrowing it down to certain pellets and homemade frozen food. They look great and healthy and through the whole QT process I never saw them poop. LOL, but I have seen them do it in the QT and that looks healthy as well. haha

Thanks again everyone.
Really glad to hear that thank you for sharing! :)

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The editing on the mobile version is giving me conniptions. I tabbed out to check an email, had to log back in, previous response was gone so I retyped, pushed ‘post’ and now both replies are merged into 1...

Thanks for the info Kyle!
Neil,
I got to thinking about this tonight... If you are worried about medicating the anthias, I have something you could try.

If you aren't afraid of TTM, and can pick up a bottle of hydrogen peroxide you could give them a h2o2 bath for 30 minutes followed by TTM or copper.

The Hydrogen peroxide will eliminate everything except for ich. So that's why you'd need to follow up with either copper or TTM. I always worry about Uronema with anthias, so that would eliminate that component and then you could get them eating well before whatever route you want to take to make sure you don't introduce ich. Something to think about. :)

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @HotRocks so I reached day 15 of my QT in copper after my Ich/Velvet breakout. Fish have all gotten through it except for one firefish. I was going to transfer them to new clean tanks and do the General Cure dosing but I noticed my banana wrasse was still scratching. They have been fed the general cure/focus mix for the last couple weeks. I checked the copper level that has run consistently about 2.0 and it was 1.93 this morning. The 0.07 I feel should be within the margin of error but I dosed a touch for good measure.

So what to do? Should I move them to the new sterile tanks and proceed or leave them in the copper tanks for 2 more weeks?

Have to say this is a bit frustrating :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @HotRocks so I reached day 15 of my QT in copper after my Ich/Velvet breakout. Fish have all gotten through it except for one firefish. I was going to transfer them to new clean tanks and do the General Cure dosing but I noticed my banana wrasse was still scratching. They have been fed the general cure/focus mix for the last couple weeks. I checked the copper level that has run consistently about 2.0 and it was 1.93 this morning. The 0.07 I feel should be within the margin of error but I dosed a touch for good measure.

So what to do? Should I move them to the new sterile tanks and proceed or leave them in the copper tanks for 2 more weeks?

Have to say this is a bit frustrating :(
The scratching could be from flukes. I would go ahead and transfer them and proceed with the process. If for some reason ich/velvet made it through you can re run copper treatment at that point.

You could dip the Wrasse between tanks to confirm if flukes are present.

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scratching could be from flukes. I would go ahead and transfer them and proceed with the process. If for some reason ich/velvet made it through you can re run copper treatment at that point.

You could dip the Wrasse between tanks to confirm if flukes are present.
Thanks! Will do fingers crossed

Lucidbeam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this has been answered I missed it and I'm sorry. The two tank method. I know the first QT should be 10 feet from DT. How far apart should the two QT tanks be from each other? Could the second QT be in the same room as the DT?

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this has been answered I missed it and I'm sorry. The two tank method. I know the first QT should be 10 feet from DT. How far apart should the two QT tanks be from each other? Could the second QT be in the same room as the DT?
To be safe, each tank should have 10' between it.

The observation tank could be in the same room as the DT as long as there is a 10' buffer and you are very obedient about cross contamination.

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an ammonia badge in the tank? The read accurate with the presence of copper.

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so do you think it's okay to add my fish? Should I try to get some bio-spira if it's local?
Yes, you should be fine and I would definitely add some biospira just to be safe.

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to the store now! One bottle left - it's the larger bottle so I'll just add a Dixie cup? For ten gallons ?
Going off of memory its an 8oz bottle that treats 75g. So you can use 1.5oz or so. It doesn't hurt to go a little heavy at all.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back