OP
mfinn

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's been a long while since updating this build.
A lot has happened.
The main thing is about 3-4 months ago, my large rose anemone decided to move a couple feet to the left and got sucked into the suction strainer for my closed loop pump.
I thought I had it covered up but the anemone managed to find it's way into it.
So,, as I was working to get it out ( moved the dining room table up next to the tank to stand on, to reach across 30" and down 25" ) My shoulder bumped the EcoTech RMS mount rack with 4 gen 3's Radions on it, and knocked it over into the water. All 4 fixtures went in. They only went in past the first puck.
They were in the water about 2 seconds, but that was enough for 2 of the fixtures.
The other 2 seemed fine after drying them off.

So 4 new gen 4's were ordered and are in use now.
Sure didn't need that kind of expense right now, but what a excuse to give the wife as to why I needed to upgrade the lights to the latest greatest. lol

The anemone, which started this mess was fine. Got the strainer unscrewed from the pvc and was able to gently remove it.
It's doing fine. Had to really change up the suction side of the closed loop.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's been a long while since updating this build.
A lot has happened.
The main thing is about 3-4 months ago, my large rose anemone decided to move a couple feet to the left and got sucked into the suction strainer for my closed loop pump.
I thought I had it covered up but the anemone managed to find it's way into it.
So,, as I was working to get it out ( moved the dining room table up next to the tank to stand on, to reach across 30" and down 25" ) My shoulder bumped the EcoTech RMS mount rack with 4 gen 3's Radions on it, and knocked it over into the water. All 4 fixtures went in. They only went in past the first puck.
They were in the water about 2 seconds, but that was enough for 2 of the fixtures.
The other 2 seemed fine after drying them off.

So 4 new gen 4's were ordered and are in use now.
Sure didn't need that kind of expense right now, but what a excuse to give the wife as to why I needed to upgrade the lights to the latest greatest. lol

The anemone, which started this mess was fine. Got the strainer unscrewed from the pvc and was able to gently remove it.
It's doing fine. Had to really change up the suction side of the closed loop.
How are you liking the Gen 4's vs. the Gen 3's?

OP
OP
mfinn

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
How are you liking the Gen 4's vs. the Gen 3's?
I do like the color.
There might be a deeper richer blue.
I do have a extra gen 3 I want to mount next to one of the gen 4's, just to see what the difference actually looks like side by side.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any updated pics of the tank? :D :D :D

OP
OP
mfinn

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Bought a Potters Wrasse from liveaquaria. Came yesterday.
I ordered a medium which according to their own chart is suppose to be between 1-3/4" to 2-1/2".
They sent me a monster. It's more than 4"+
Not sure what to do now.
Liveaquaria is denying they did anything wrong. ( the first person I spoke with seemed to be this way. I sent pictures and am waiting for someone to make a decision )

Last edited:
OP
OP
mfinn

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm so use to having small fishes that he looks huge to me. Hope LA does right by you. Definitely not right. How big do Potters get away?
It says on LA's website that max is 4-1/2", so I'm at that +.

ithk21620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a Potters Wrasse from liveaquaria. Came yesterday.
I ordered a medium which according to their own chart is suppose to be between 1-3/4" to 2-1/2".
They sent me a monster. It's more than 4"+
Not sure what to do now.
Liveaquaria is denying they did anything wrong.

I am guessing you got it from Liveaquaria and not Divers Den? I have always bought from Divers Den and never had an issue but I just placed an order last night for something from the Liveaquaria side of things so I will see how that goes.

On another note, need my address? I was going to order one but they were out of stock last night ;)

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a full-on, adult male to me... Sorry to hear this happened and hope LiveAquaria will work with you.

OP
OP
mfinn

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I am guessing you got it from Liveaquaria and not Divers Den? I have always bought from Divers Den and never had an issue but I just placed an order last night for something from the Liveaquaria side of things so I will see how that goes.

On another note, need my address? I was going to order one but they were out of stock last night ;)
It was in the regular LA side.
I have bought many fish from LA and love the place. Just not this selection, this time.
I've bought more than a dozen fish from them in the last year and will continue to buy from them.

OP
OP
mfinn

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looks like a full-on, adult male to me... Sorry to hear this happened and hope LiveAquaria will work with you.
I'm hoping too.
I love the colors.
Wrasses are my favorites. Getting them as juvi's and raising them is what I like best.
LA has been my go to fish place for a very long time.
I've heard that they were originally Flying Fish Express? Or bought them?

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping too.
I love the colors.
Wrasses are my favorites. Getting them as juvi's and raising them is what I like best.
LA has been my go to fish place for a very long time.
I've heard that they were originally Flying Fish Express? Or bought them?
My fav's as well, and I too prefer to raise them from juvi/initial phase to adult. He looks to be a nice, healthy (and big) boy... If you have the room, you might want to consider acquiring (2) small juvenile females... We have been keeping small M. bipartitus harem's for a number of years.

OP
OP
mfinn

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Heard from LA this morning and they are doing what makes them one of the best, IMO.
Replacing it or adding credit.
I don't know why I was worried.
I've never been disappointed before.

ithk21620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe its just this week... Just received my order from DD and LA. The DD fish are all looking good and the LA fish is pretty much dead. The fins are completely destroyed and he is just floating on the top upside down gasping for air. I called right away and let them know and they gave me credit and free shipping on my next order. That's what you call service!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back