OP
mfinn

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Crazy!! Looked like a humongous water balloon exploded! 70mph winds!! [emoji33]You've got nice temps though-lol.
We reached 42° today [emoji39]
Yeah, I felt like I was inside something like that.
It was pretty intense. I went out today and looked over my Jeep and I have a chip in the wind shield and 2 scratches on the door where branches and other debris hit.
Glad the picnic tables rolled on past. lol

OP
OP
mfinn

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
A Red Dragon 3, 150 watt pump for my closed loop and a Red Dragon 3, 80 watt pump for my return.

OP
OP
mfinn

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Very nice pumps. What's the red tubing for?
It's a bypass line. Routes water from the pressure side of the pump to the magnet cavity to cool it.
Also suppose to help reduce calcium buildup in the magnet cavity.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just reading through some of your posts, whatever happened with that potters leopard wrasse? It was gorgeous, but I understand why you were frustrated. Same thing happened to me with my 2-3" regal angel that came in as a 5"+ monster (different vendor though, no credit or replacement offered)

OP
OP
mfinn

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What made you trade out the vectra pumps? Did they not perform well enough? I was planning on using the L1 when I set up my closed loop.

I've always wanted to move to Red Dragon pumps. Got in some extra work ( means extra $ ) so I bought the RD3 150 watt first, for the closed loop.
So having the more expensive one, it was easier to outright buy the RD3 80watt and sell off some extra equipment to help pay for it.

OP
OP
mfinn

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I was just reading through some of your posts, whatever happened with that potters leopard wrasse? It was gorgeous, but I understand why you were frustrated. Same thing happened to me with my 2-3" regal angel that came in as a 5"+ monster (different vendor though, no credit or replacement offered)

The huge one I got from liveaquaria was traded to a local reefer for a rainbow bubble tip anemone.

OP
OP
mfinn

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
sump area 3.jpg

OP
OP
mfinn

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's funny how when you are near your own tank and the fish are all out front begging for food. But have company over and no a single fish is out. lol
I was just standing next to the tank yesterday ( looking out the door) when my wife mention that the fish looked hungry.

OP
OP
mfinn

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Someone was asking about my Gold Stripe Maroon clowns the other day.
They said that one didn't much look like a GSM and the other was a misbar.
When I got them both over 19 years ago, they were the perfect identical matched pair.
Same stripes, size, everything.
Then after a year or so, one started getting darker and bigger, while the one stayed mostly the same for a long time.
But the male ( smaller one) eventually started changing too, losing the bottom part of his stripes.
Here are both now.
The female is over 5" long, and a holey terror if you get your hand too close.

Last edited:

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone was asking about my Gold Stripe Maroon clowns the other day.
They said that one didn't much look like a GSM and the other was a misbar.
When I got them both over 18 years ago, they were the perfect identical matched pair.
Same stripes, size, everything.
Then after a year or so, one started getting darker and bigger, while the one stayed mostly the same for a long time.
But the male ( smaller one) eventually started changing too, losing the bottom part of his stripes.
Here are both now.
The female is over 5" long, and a holey terror if you get your hand too close.

She sure looks intimating. Beautiful pair. Do they spawn?

Awesome you have had them for 18 years, that is amazing and inspiring.

OP
OP
mfinn

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Not much to update, except I am in the process of collecting a couple tanks and holding tanks.
My live rock has become infested with pink tip majano's, and they are getting so bad it is killing some of the individual heads of frogspawn, hammer, and octospawn.
So in order to salvage the corals I am going to replace all the live rock and quarantine all the corals. As I move the corals over to the holding tank, I'll remove all the majanos.
Then I can observe them to make sure no new ones pop up.
I've got about 200 lbs of dry rock in a tub cycling now. Hopefully in a month or so it will be ready.
I have a tank I will move all the fish into, and while they are there I'll do a copper treatment as a preventative.

Rob77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny how when you are near your own tank and the fish are all out front begging for food. But have company over and no a single fish is out. lol
I was just standing next to the tank yesterday ( looking out the door) when my wife mention that the fish looked hungry.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back