my darwin clown is BRAVE

kennydoll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay, so before i start this story— hi, i’m kenny. i haven’t posted for awhile, months, actually. i had a breakdown, got extremely upset. since then i’ve downsized to just two tanks— a mantis shrimp tank and my main “reef” tank.
i will talk about my 250 gallon upgrade from the 90 once the tank arrives, i will make a build thread.
BUT FOR NOW—
i fell in love with a tiny little darwin clown fish, and i knew she probably would have a hard time due to my giant lightning maroon’s. i have multiple anemones in my tank, and lots of hiding spots.
i even bought the darwin a friend close in size-
but of course, she likes the big boys—
SHE HOSTED MY ZEBRA MORAY.
okay, okay, before you say it’s not possible, hear me out.
she wants nothing to do with the little clown i got her, with the anemones, with anything. she went straight to my moray and immediately started rubbing up on him as she would to an anemone.
my moray doesn’t even care. he doesn’t try to bite her, and she swims right by his face. he’s definitely a good babysitter, and the clownfish protector at this point.
i was TERRIFIED. i thought she’d get eaten as soon as she swam directly toward his face but... they are friends? let me share a picture. it’s so cute.

OP
OP
kennydoll

kennydoll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay, so this is the best picture i could get right now. please ignore my dirty tank, i need a new clean up crew and i’m in the process of getting the new one to upgrade them all too. BUT here the cuties are

59D558FD-A76E-451D-A1E8-DEEA8DA85E47.jpeg

6981BF15-C2DD-44E6-A7CB-C31E920CBB3F.jpeg

evolve29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay, so before i start this story— hi, i’m kenny. i haven’t posted for awhile, months, actually. i had a breakdown, got extremely upset. since then i’ve downsized to just two tanks— a mantis shrimp tank and my main “reef” tank.
i will talk about my 250 gallon upgrade from the 90 once the tank arrives, i will make a build thread.
BUT FOR NOW—
i fell in love with a tiny little darwin clown fish, and i knew she probably would have a hard time due to my giant lightning maroon’s. i have multiple anemones in my tank, and lots of hiding spots.
i even bought the darwin a friend close in size-
but of course, she likes the big boys—
SHE HOSTED MY ZEBRA MORAY.
okay, okay, before you say it’s not possible, hear me out.
she wants nothing to do with the little clown i got her, with the anemones, with anything. she went straight to my moray and immediately started rubbing up on him as she would to an anemone.
my moray doesn’t even care. he doesn’t try to bite her, and she swims right by his face. he’s definitely a good babysitter, and the clownfish protector at this point.
i was TERRIFIED. i thought she’d get eaten as soon as she swam directly toward his face but... they are friends? let me share a picture. it’s so cute.

Stranger things have happened.
I just want to see more pics.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back