OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are all open now I will get better pics tomorrow. Such and exciting day and busy. Work was definitely back seated. Only took time out to buy a new washing machine and cart the old one out and fix the leak inside the wall for the feeder tube. But i am geeking out over the coral.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3152.jpg
IMG_3155.jpg
IMG_3148.jpg
IMG_3147.jpg
IMG_3154.jpg
IMG_3140 (1).jpg
IMG_3150 (2).jpg
Just beautiful!

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, i have always been a fish guy gut this coral fever is getting to me...haha
Same here. I got into reefing from fw with the intention to just have a fowlr, one trial frag a month in just for lulz and look what happened! Hahah

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
last update before bed. Neptune after hours contacted me and told me how to jury rig it. I hooked up a double ended usb cable. It appears the 1 link cable was supplying power but not communications. They are sending me out a replacement but as soon as I hooked up the USB it finished set up and at midnight it will do its first test...woohooo!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, i have always been a fish guy gut this coral fever is getting to me...haha

"Guess what? I got a feevah. And the only prescription is more CORAL." Overheard at @tdlawdo house today!

Happy for you, Tim!

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice group of nubs there Tim. Sorry I am old school and remember the coral size of yesteryear! Couple of years and you will have small colonies....yes! I just have tank envy.

I agree I hate the fact that we buy nubs!! I’d rather buy some colonies and that was my initial plan but I guess I caved to the pressure and now I will cultivate and raise them up!! Haha

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whew! Was having nightmares I did something wrong as I await the arrival of all my new goodies!!

I have tons, some were even growing on the base of my acan.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree I hate the fact that we buy nubs!! I’d rather buy some colonies and that was my initial plan but I guess I caved to the pressure and now I will cultivate and raise them up!! Haha
You will take more pride in them this way, you’ll see. You made the right choice.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. I got into reefing from fw with the intention to just have a fowlr, one trial frag a month in just for lulz and look what happened! Hahah

Me too... I was like, I don't really need coral... that was a mere 8 months ago... dang... how have I had my tank up for 8 months?????

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You still have plenty of room from some colonies... I am sure we can "support" and encourage you in those purchases as well! ;Hilarious

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back