My First Attempt at the Big Time: WaterBox PP 230.6 Tank Build

Lowell Lemon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
How is your tank and fish doing? Is the U.V. hooked up and what do you think? We ran our U.V. units large enough to be the final step in filtration as water returned to the holding tanks in the aquarium stores. So yeah they were big units matched to the return pump flow rates. Never tried to recycle a smaller unit to the sump...

OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
How is your tank and fish doing? Is the U.V. hooked up and what do you think? We ran our U.V. units large enough to be the final step in filtration as water returned to the holding tanks in the aquarium stores. So yeah they were big units matched to the return pump flow rates. Never tried to recycle a smaller unit to the sump...
Yes it is hooked up. It is running at the wide open flow rate of the sicce 5. I bought an FMK I have it all ready for plumbing into the unit but I will be gone all week for my sons wedding so I will do it Sunday. Coral all doing well. The fish that didn’t die in the CP are well and finally eating again. Still in QT while tank is fallow (ish). Found a tiny little 1inch yellow rose head goby in there that had been lost 4 Months ago. Lol. Anyway. So far so good. Thanks for the reach out

What is the deciding factor(s) for why you choose the salt you use? Mulitple choice available!

• Price

Votes: 237 40.7%
  • Brand Loyality

Votes: 67 11.5%
  • Mixes Easy

Votes: 191 32.8%
  • Mixes Clean

Votes: 222 38.1%
  • Mixes to the right parameters

Votes: 354 60.7%
  • Easy to get

Votes: 173 29.7%