My First Attempt

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture I took of a fish today (I can't remember the breed, he is new to my tank). My first time really trying to get a good picture, post process. Also with a new 105mm macro lens. So many first!
DSC_5978.jpg

OP
OP
themcfreak

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
11 more shots like that and you'll have a calendar. The fishfam (freshwater ) has one and it's really popular.
Maybe I will have to do that ;) I will probably have a million more pictures by the end of the year. It was fun trying to get the right shot!

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Is that through the glass? I really need to figure out how to take great pictures like this.

OP
OP
themcfreak

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Is that through the glass? I really need to figure out how to take great pictures like this.
Thanks! It is through the glass (and I probably should have cleaned it first, but thats another story). And don't worry, I need to figure out a whole lot more too! I would love to get one of the things that allows you to submerge the lens though for an underwater shot. One day.

On this photo, I used a Nikon D750 and 105mm macro lens. Got this 1 shot that worked out of about 45 different blurry shots. haha

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I applaud your tenacity - I can't take good pictures of things that stand still, much less a fish that most likely doesn't take direction too well.

OP
OP
themcfreak

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I applaud your tenacity - I can't take good pictures of things that stand still, much less a fish that most likely doesn't take direction too well.
Haha right? I tried to tell it to quit swimming, but it's lesson must have come from Dory... "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.." hahaha

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 42 21.4%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 23 11.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back