My first SS experience

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This is my first time ever doing a Secret Santa and it brought a smile to my face, but before I dig into what I got I got to say a few things...

I haven't looked forwards to a Christmas in about 10 years, had my grandpa past away about 10 years ago on Christmas night, on the 25th, so it was rough for a few years, then about 7 years ago my parents got a divorce that made Christmas even worse as I kind of had to pick what side I wanted to spend Christmas on, which sucks, and then to top it all off I had an Aunt that passed away last year on the 23rd of December, so lets just say I usually do not like December or the holidays as it as brought me a lot of pain.

But...this year I wanted to try to look forwards to the holidays, so I figured why not try a Secret Santa (especially with like minded people, we all love reefing) and today I got my package from my SS and when I opened it saw how everything was wrapped and looked beautiful (bless my SS for wrapping everything) and it brought tears to my eyes and put a smile on my face, it reminded my of how good and beautiful the holidays are.

Thank you my Secret Santa

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This is my first time ever doing a Secret Santa and it brought a smile to my face, but before I dig into what I got I got to say a few things...

I haven't looked forwards to a Christmas in about 10 years, had my grandpa past away about 10 years ago on Christmas night, on the 25th, so it was rough for a few years, then about 7 years ago my parents got a divorce that made Christmas even worse as I kind of had to pick what side I wanted to spend Christmas on, which sucks, and then to top it all off I had an Aunt that passed away last year on the 23rd of December, so lets just say I usually do not like December or the holidays as it as brought me a lot of pain.

But...this year I wanted to try to look forwards to the holidays, so I figured why not try a Secret Santa (especially with like minded people, we all love reefing) and today I got my package from my SS and when I opened it saw how everything was wrapped and looked beautiful (bless my SS for wrapping everything) and it brought tears to my eyes and put a smile on my face, it reminded my of how good and beautiful the holidays are.

Thank you my Secret Santa
That's awesome. My mom was killed on 2 Dec 95. I know how you feel. When my wife and I had kids it really helped with the holiday season. I'm happy you found joy this Christmas season.

OP
OP
Steven91

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
That's awesome. My mom was killed on 2 Dec 95. I know how you feel. When my wife and I had kids it really helped with the holiday season. I'm happy you found joy this Christmas season.

Thank you, it means a lot and it brought me some joy this year that I haven't really felt in some time. I'm glad you found joy in the holiday season as well

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you, it means a lot and it brought me some joy this year that I haven't really felt in some time. I'm glad you found joy in the holiday season as well
Thanks.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Next year I will definitely join in! Was too busy this time around. Glad you enjoyed it

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back