IMG_5807.jpeg

IMG_5809.jpeg

IMG_5810.jpeg

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice start, just take it slow and let your bacteria build up and the rock mature. It’s going to go thru a lot of phases good and bad.

Side note, I did notice pellets on the sand bed of your tank in the pics. Be cautious to not over feed. Beginner rule of thumb is you want them to be attacking the pellets as they are floating down. If they’ve settled on the bottom and the fish aren’t looking for them you might have fed a little too much so the next feeding keep that in mind and feed a little less until you get it just right.

OP
OP
AquariumDani

AquariumDani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice start, just take it slow and let your bacteria build up and the rock mature. It’s going to go thru a lot of phases good and bad.

Side note, I did notice pellets on the sand bed of your tank in the pics. Be cautious to not over feed. Beginner rule of thumb is you want them to be attacking the pellets as they are floating down. If they’ve settled on the bottom and the fish aren’t looking for them you might have fed a little too much so the next feeding keep that in mind and feed a little less until you get it just right.
Yeah, I know. There were so many because one of my clowns were harassing my firefish and he was running away from the pellets/shrimp because of the clown. I was trying to get him to eat. He also seems blind. I have decreased feeding a lot.

OP
OP
AquariumDani

AquariumDani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since your tank is so young and very little algea you may need to use noti for the snails.
I actually have a lot of algae on my rocks and in the sand bed in the back. You can’t currently see it but my LFS said it should be more than enough algae to last. But I’ll make sure to keep an eye on the algae so they can feed!! I’ve read Mexican Turbos sometimes struggle with cleaning too fast and not having enough food.

OP
OP
AquariumDani

AquariumDani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feb 20, 2019:
today I added

-2 Turbelle Nanostream (475 GPH)
-AI prime HD
I also had my RO/DI system come in the mail with multiple test kits.

My clowns love the powerhead. Sad that they probably won't be hosting in the top left-hand corner (side view), closest to my bed, at night. It was always really cute like they rest near mommy lol. The side view isn't the prettiest with these powerheads, but I assume they'll have to do until I get a bigger tank.

I'm getting set up to start putting LPS in my tank. I had to take the cover off for the light and now I'm getting lots of splashes! Any suggestions on where I can get an acrylic cover of some sort?

IMG_5891.jpeg

57239147036__5ADE6C85-2B3A-4DBB-A750-0401F4B3C63F.jpeg

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the settings I have the light at.

IMG_58941.jpg
Very nice !

How does the tank look to to you under those settings?
Did you mess around with different looks ?

What cover did you remove ? Solid one?

I made a ramp for my AQ to stop the burbling. Bit of plastic and some superglue.

OP
OP
AquariumDani

AquariumDani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice !

How does the tank look to to you under those settings?
Did you mess around with different looks ?

What cover did you remove ? Solid one?

I made a ramp for my AQ to stop the burbling. Bit of plastic and some superglue.
I haven't messed around with the settings, I went with what was best recommended for LPS corals. Once I have corals in there, it'll probably change based on my reference.

I remved the cover that the tank came with. Basic hood. Do you have photos of your ramp?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back