My fishy aquarium.

Mark Novack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, not much of a photo, but there it is, well over stocked and a nitrate machine, it includes 2 morays, anemones, gorgons, soft corals and mushrooms, a ball sponge that grows well enough to round out the angelfish diet. Fish list is as follows.

2 Clarkii clowns
2 Occeleris snowflake hybrid clowns
1 Flame Hawkfish
1 Wrasse Hortulanus
1 Thalassoma Banana Wrasse
1 Thalassoma Cortez Wrasse
1 Picasso Trigger
1 Clown Trigger
1 Angel Navarchus
1 Angel Imperator
1 Angel Xanthometopon
1 Angel Loricula
1 Xanthurum Tang
1 Hepatus
1 Leucosternon
1 Dimitiatus cleaner wrasse
1 Zebra moray 50cm
1 snowflake Nebulosa Moray 25cm
8 Anthias Squamipinnis 2 male, 6 female

Amemones

2 Entacmea
1 Heteractis Magnifica
1 Heteractis Crispa
1 Heteractis sp?
1 Stichodactyla sp?
7 Crucifer

Awaiting a Queen Angel, five have crossed into the country but the reservation list is long. Barring losses, the Cilliaris will be the last addition.

Thank you for taking a look.

Mark Novack
IMG_20190329_111201.jpg
IMG_20190329_111201.jpg

OP
OP
Mark Novack

Mark Novack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice clown trigger. Those are so cool. And welcome to R2R!
Thanks . It's a brute of a fish. He arrived 8 months ago as a yellow cap and grew so fast my head spun watching the growth. He is relatively well behaved, tasting the lobophytum and sarcos here and there but nothing catastrophic . He tried to steal shrimp from the Zebra moray but having his head bitten firmly ended that debate.

OP
OP
Mark Novack

Mark Novack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And some tank details.

It is 180 gallons, primary filter is Thieling Rollermat which empties into the sump over live rock and siporax, a Quantum Nyos skimmer and Torq reactor with biopellet, another reactor with the big all in one pellets, 36w UV, a top off system which I dose with MG as needed. I manually dose buffer to keep KH 12 to 14. I must use RO water as our tap is off the scale in hardeness which causes gross precipitation. Too bad it's not well balanced. RO is not pennies per gallon here. I change 300 liters per week or two. Density 1.024 to 1.025.

Tests I use are,
KH
Ca
Mg
NO3
My eyes and overall look of the specimens are my number one test. I take out the test kits when I see something off normal.

Cryptocarion is present but never critical and comes and goes with stress levels.

Feeding is the biggest of my questions Do I give too much or not enough and a good variety? I need more clams for the morays but they do so love shrimp.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, amazing tank and what a daring selection of fish for a reef... simply beautiful. Following!

OP
OP
Mark Novack

Mark Novack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Let’s see a pic of the moray! I had a moray swim between my legs while in shallow water in the ocean. Scary stuff!
I will get the Mrs to shoot some during feeding time. Zebra has his pvc pipe and the Nebulosa has many caves and holes. They come out to hunt after a week without direct feeding.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Elodie, named after our dive master in the Maldives. No problems with hand feeding. A very gentle beast but strong. It eats shrimp, clams, and Lance fish bits and Clown Trigger heads!

IMG_20190109_171137.jpg
Eats clown trigger heads? ;Nailbiting

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%
Back