My Fluval Evo 5 Aquascape! Thoughts?

Notepad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody!

I’ve recently bought a Fluval Evo 5 and it will be my first reef tank. I’m super excited to get into the hobby! I’ve just finished up the latest round of nitpicking on my scape and thought I would send it out into the R2R world for some feed back!

Once I’ve decided that I’m happy with the scape I’ll be starting up a build thread for this tank!

Thanks everyone, look forward to your feedback!

D592877E-F467-4F5E-ADFF-C032CB32C8FD.jpeg 74BECBCB-03FC-448C-9F97-1B924B67F607.jpeg 667EF37C-DFB7-45AE-AAC3-A1A7F84113E8.jpeg 8F694DED-C73E-4F3D-926D-F2F66D663315.jpeg 70FEF29F-E8D2-4711-BA63-BC1B061D76D3.jpeg BED1DBA8-D9AF-4CC0-88AC-D073CB2AFC29.jpeg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    55.8 MB

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it! Especially the two small holes in your larger rock... also a fan of a few outlier rocks as you have makes it look like like a couple mini reef bommies.... Vancouver Island eh? Dove there about 8 or 9 years ago and intend to do it again in the future. Darn cold but beautiful with all the starfish, urchins and anemones...

OP
OP
N

Notepad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it! Especially the two small holes in your larger rock... also a fan of a few outlier rocks as you have makes it look like like a couple mini reef bommies.... Vancouver Island eh? Dove there about 8 or 9 years ago and intend to do it again in the future. Darn cold but beautiful with all the starfish, urchins and anemones...
Thanks for the feedback! The BC coast is absolutely amazing and I'm lucky enough to work on the water too, so lots of interactions with coastal wildlife and marine fauna!

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback! The BC coast is absolutely amazing and I'm lucky enough to work on the water too, so lots of interactions with coastal wildlife and marine fauna!
I'm an electrician who specializes in marine setups, but my home base is Toronto and Lake Ontario....on the water almost daily but not quite so striking and varied as the BC ocean lol. Good on ya.

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. You may want to add to it with more rock depending on what you plan on having for livestock. Hiding places for fish and inverts and shelves for corals. Just a thought but like I said looks good.

OP
OP
N

Notepad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. You may want to add to it with more rock depending on what you plan on having for livestock. Hiding places for fish and inverts and shelves for corals. Just a thought but like I said looks good.
Thanks!
For corals it will mostly be zoas, mushies, maybe a leather if I can find one that I like and some lps like a Duncan for the middle left island or an hammer for the top of the main rock. As for fish and inverts the plan is a small clean up crew and a clown goby (type is tbd depending on availability at my LFS) With the size of this tank I think that’s about all I can realistically get away with. Though if you have any suggestions for stocking I’m more than happy to hear them!

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
For corals it will mostly be zoas, mushies, maybe a leather if I can find one that I like and some lps like a Duncan for the middle left island or an hammer for the top of the main rock. As for fish and inverts the plan is a small clean up crew and a clown goby (type is tbd depending on availability at my LFS) With the size of this tank I think that’s about all I can realistically get away with. Though if you have any suggestions for stocking I’m more than happy to hear them!
Sorry no stock list suggestions. You are farther along than I am. Just interested in looking at other people’s approaches of aquascapes and passing along info that I am picking up in the process.

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good man. so those holes on your back wall you can cover em up they are kinda useless. also not sure what kind of fish you want but after I had one of my clowns jump out I ordered the lid from Fluval it was cheap like 6-7 bucks. the biggest tip I can offer on this tank is watch the evaporation I had a few bad salinity swings and it cost me my shrimp a small ATO can do wonders but the lid also helps with less evaporation.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back