my frag tank 30g

jelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just set this up this week. picked up a lot of sps frags from a local reefer. they are bad bleached out and now trying to nurse them back to health. all LR and LS are from my 75g sump for my 180. so cycle time shouldnt take to long if at all.
\
IMAG0097.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like it's packed with goodies!

OP
OP
J

jelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will be if every thing bounces back. i have never seen a coral so bleached as these.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What do you think caused it?

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lookin' good! Sorry to hear your corals getting bleached, you pet those babies, hopefully they'll come back! ;)

OP
OP
J

jelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I got them as rescues. The guy wanted to shut down because he went from asandy bottom to bare bottom. He said once he want bare bottom the coralsbleached. He ran is RO/DI completely out. I think he needed to change his resinto. I know with my DI I gets about half changed in color then needs to bechanged. So I think it was a combination of things. Bad water, the stress fromremoving the LS and just poorly maintained. Looking them today the tips have avery light shade of color so I’m hopping it will continue to color. Some of theothers are a brownish color and I’m hopping they will get the proper color tothem. But I have been told the once a coral is bleached they may never getthere proper color back and will look brown. Also told it could take months fortheses corals to get color. What’s your opinion on bleached corals on how longit will take to get color and will they get there proper color back?

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice system Adam! I think you have to make sure that your bleached corals have the right environment then just sit back and wait. I bet it will take months for sure. Good luck please keep us filled in.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.1%
Back