My latest addition!

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dog you!

Awesome snag Kenny, congrats man!!! How big is that beaut? Looks under 3"?

If you can get your hands on a WC C. interruptus the same size you'd be in business, problem is that we only see the big guys and they have such a tick poor track record in captivity. Wait it out until Frank gets rollin' again... I'm ready for a trio!

FWIW regarding "warm" waters, In my 500+ dives I've only dove in water 78-80 degrees F a few times... 74-76F on reefs is very common as the surface, let alone fifty feet or so down. Take into effect that these guys are a little deeper down (especially by the Hawaiin mainland, shallower in the NWHI) and you get your 68-70 F water.

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is that beaut? Looks under 3"?
NM... just saw your other thread... 2.5" is perfect man!

Is he eating yet for ya? If so, what's his fav?

Did you give him a Prazi, and/or Cu treatment, or did Richard?

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovely fish, Kenny. Who knew Richard was the fish pimp that he is! :dribble:

OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NM... just saw your other thread... 2.5" is perfect man!

Is he eating yet for ya? If so, what's his fav?

Did you give him a Prazi, and/or Cu treatment, or did Richard?

Right now, his just looking at the food but not really picking yet. Definitely showing some interest. No, the fish hasn't been treated yet so I took the risk and paid a lower price. If it was eating like the other ones are, the price would have been higher. My main concern right now is to get it to eat first and stay healthy, then I'll start the treatment. I try not to treat a fish that isn't strong to begin with.

I would totally love to get a small interrupta but not those big puppies that came through a while back. I can wait, just a little bit :D

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main concern right now is to get it to eat first and stay healthy, then I'll start the treatment. I try not to treat a fish that isn't strong to begin with.
Absolutely, I'm sure you know, but make sure the fish is eating very well and is nice and fat before running Prazi (if you're going to)... it just kills their appetite big time IME.

Congrats again and GL with him... I'm making plans ATM ;)

OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I know about Prazi killing their appetites so any new fish has got to be eating like a pig before the treatment. It's starting to eat but not vigorously at the moment. At least that's a good sign :)

Glad to hear you are heading down the same road :D They are a stunning fish. When this one has gone through the program, I think I'll ask Richard to get me a second one, perhaps one that's slightly bigger. I would love to see 2 of these beauties swimming around the 300.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back