Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That green digi is ridiculous

Thank you, I’ll have to try and get a close up picture of it for you tomorrow, it’s a beast, it’s completely overgrown one acropora colony and it is working on overgrowing a second one now!

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Montiporas>acros imo

I really like both! But montipora definitely win when the two go to war, some acropora can kill the montipora but the montipora just out grow them and shade them completely and win. It’s an interesting struggle. I can understand why lots of acropora keepers don’t like them, I however think they’re amazing corals that just become even more incredible the bigger they get. I appreciate your interest :)

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be excited to see what you’ve done. So far we are all doing well! Hopefully it continues that way. It’s been a struggle for me, being that I live alone and am now basically completely isolated, but my trusty buddy Clyde (my dog) keeps me mostly sane. Lol

I thought Florida had opened up from QT?

Regardless,
There's nothing wrong with spending most of your time with your dog.
What kind of dog is Clyde?

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought Florida had opened up from QT?

Regardless,
There's nothing wrong with spending most of your time with your dog.
What kind of dog is Clyde?

I’m a loner by nature, and I’m also keeping to myself even though florida has opened back up. My parent’s are older and my father just completed radiation treatment for cancer a little over 6 months ago, so I am staying away from them since we don’t know what condition his immune system is in at this point. They are both in their 70’s. I also have no friends that I associate with anymore locally here so my dog is basically it for me. Clyde is a Belgian Malinois, he’s an amazing dog who specializes in “social distancing” (He’s not at all friendly to strangers and extremely territorial) so he’s perfect for these times we are living in LOL.

5D07D5F2-CC2A-4EBA-B581-466494BDF95D.jpeg

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a loner by nature, and I’m also keeping to myself even though florida has opened back up. My parent’s are older and my father just completed radiation treatment for cancer a little over 6 months ago, so I am staying away from them since we don’t know what condition his immune system is in at this point. They are both in their 70’s. I also have no friends that I associate with anymore locally here so my dog is basically it for me. Clyde is a Belgian Malinois, he’s an amazing dog who specializes in “social distancing” (He’s not at all friendly to strangers and extremely territorial) so he’s perfect for these times we are living in LOL.

5D07D5F2-CC2A-4EBA-B581-466494BDF95D.jpeg
Awesome dog! Used to train schutzhund years ago. The malinois's made great police dogs.

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome dog! Used to train schutzhund years ago. The malinois's made great police dogs.

He’s a beast! He’s been a lot of work but is an awesome dog who’s very well behaved and extremely smart. He’s my second Mal ;)

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s a beast! He’s been a lot of work but is an awesome dog who’s very well behaved and extremely smart. He’s my second Mal ;)
Yea most people dont know the power they carry. Get one on a sleeve and watch out lol.
By the way your title is also my favorite caliber have 3.
Glock 21
Springfield gov
Freedom arms 454

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea most people dont know the power they carry. Get one on a sleeve and watch out lol.
Glock 21
Springfield gov
Freedom arms 454
Yep I've taken 2 bites from a Mal. First one nearly knocked me over and I was braced for it. Second one he broke through the sleeve and gave me 2 nice little scars, that I've since covered up with a full sleeve tat :) Great dog though. I got lucky as he didn't puncture, he was about to regrip before the trainer got him off. He just broke skin, didn't hurt, little blood, but w/e.

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glock 21
Springfield gov
Freedom arms 454

Yeah Clyde can jump 8’ in the air at a dead sprint and catch a frisbee 99 times out of 100 throws, there’s no escape from a motivated Malinois. I’ve got a fondness for firearms, but my favorites will always be 1911’s I’ve got a couple Ed Brown special forces, and a couple springfield armory. I also have a whole family of Glocks, in 9mm, which is what my EDC usually is these days. I’m a sucker for a nice clean 1911 though. Yes 45cal is my favorite caliber but it gets expensive to practice with these days.

Yesterday was my 44 th birthday, I was half tempted to go get a 460 magnum or 44 magnum wheel gun, but being what’s going on in the world I think I’ll wait for better times to do that lol

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah Clyde can jump 8’ in the air at a dead sprint and catch a frisbee 99 times out of 100 throws, there’s no escape from a motivated Malinois. I’ve got a fondness for firearms, but my favorites will always be 1911’s I’ve got a couple Ed Brown special forces, and a couple springfield armory. I also have a whole family of Glocks, in 9mm, which is what my EDC usually is these days. I’m a sucker for a nice clean 1911 though. Yes 45cal is my favorite caliber but it gets expensive to practice with these days.

Yesterday was my 44 th birthday, I was half tempted to go get a 460 magnum or 44 magnum wheel gun, but being what’s going on in the world I think I’ll wait for better times to do that lol
I'm in love with my H&K VP9 for everyday Open Carry. I literally just ordered a Sig P365 SAS for concealed and taking my class within the next 2 weeks to get my CCW - should have done this years ago, but I've been content with open carry.

My wife's gun of choice is her Glock 43, she's quite a little shooter (better than me just don't let her know that LOL)
She just finished her CCW course and waiting on the permit to come through.

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I've taken 2 bites from a Mal. First one nearly knocked me over and I was braced for it. Second one he broke through the sleeve and gave me 2 nice little scars, that I've since covered up with a full sleeve tat :) Great dog though. I got lucky as he didn't puncture, he was about to regrip before the trainer got him off. He just broke skin, didn't hurt, little blood, but w/e.

I’ve been redirected on by Clyde when he got worked up over a delivery driver running to the front door, it was an accident on his part and a lapse in judgement on mine. It was a very quick bite and release and it put my on the floor and I went into shock, there was no fight in me. So being on the receiving end of an intentional bite would never be something I want to experience. I’d been biten once before when we were playing frisbee through the frisbee and it wasn’t much fun either. Luckily we’ve both learned from those accidents and have a better respect for each other.

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in love with my H&K VP9 for everyday Open Carry. I literally just ordered a Sig P365 SAS for concealed and taking my class within the next 2 weeks to get my CCW - should have done this years ago, but I've been content with open carry.

My wife's gun of choice is her Glock 43, she's quite a little shooter (better than me just don't let her know that LOL)
She just finished her CCW course and waiting on the permit to come through.

I’ve got a G43, I love it, great pocket gun, or backup. I mostly carry a G19 with a trijicon RMR these days, unless it’s nighttime then I carry a G19 with a flashlight and iron sights because the flashlight washes the dot out and I personally find iron sights faster to find in the dark with the flashlight. Concealed carry is all that’s available here in Florida so that’s what I‘m most comfortable with.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Glock is my favorite carry gun. Love the gov's too but I can shoot the glock with my eyes closed lol.
I have hunted with the Freedom arms since 89.
The first true hand cannon. It has 4 digit serial number and I have had it scoped, did not like that, c-moore site made it unreal, it is now iron sited for backup as many shots are a long ways off now a days.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back