My Mean Clown

slipondajimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Hey,

I have a question for all the experts out there. I have had the same 2 clowns (false percs) in my tank for over a year. For about the past month or so I have noticed the larger of the 2 is starting to get pretty nasty towards the other.

What the heck should I do here?I think I might need to get rid of one of them, because I am afraid of really stressing out the other.

Any ideas?

laskopyre

Chuck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally, increased aggression of the female clown, might mean that your clowns are getting ready to mate. They start to become very territorial during this period.

mltascp

Alabama Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally, increased aggression of the female clown, might mean that your clowns are getting ready to mate. They start to become very territorial during this period.

I agree. The female clowns sometimes acts very agressive toward the male. The male will usually do his submission act. Is she biting him or just picking at him?

vetteman

licking zoa's
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hosting? HAHAHAH . To this day they have not taken to anything. There was a brief period that they were getting to know my little BTA, but it was short lived.

Mine have their pick from their orginal and favorite a plate coral... to many zoa's and paly's... I see them have spat's now and then but they always have a place to go of there own if they need it.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

slipondajimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to catch one all morning long. I have to get one out of this tank. The mean one is getting really mean, and it looks like the other clown is starting to get pretty dark for some reason. I do not know if this is caused by stress or not.

Any tricks on how to catch a clown?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back