My nano reef tank

Dongjie Han

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2020
Messages
11
Reaction score
12
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
Thanks for inviting,let me introduce myself first,I am 21 years old and I have eight years of marine fish keeping experience. I bought my first cleaner shrimp when I was a boy , it cost me almost all my pocket money and i had to help my family with housework in exchange for marine salt.
Now i have four saltwater aquariums ,two FOT and two reef tanks.Today i will show my smallest aquarium ,because i just cleaned the aquarium wall and took photos.
Tank size 50*25*30H ,totally 37L , it is very small.
Light : two Aqua Medic 30w LED lamps

Skimmer : Tunze DC skimmer the smallest one.

Wave pumpe and filter: also Tunze , i bought it with the skimmer together but i forget the name.

And i use a waterfall filter for filter media.
7704436C-16FB-452D-BDB5-5521524DC5D2.jpeg

In this reef aquarium, I use only artificial filter media from Seachem . You can see there is no live rock.
Corals grow normally and some of them have already grown on the glass.
I use two simple peristaltic pumps to add Calcium and KH into the water , they were designed for freshwater aquarium to add Glutaraldehyde.
96D1ABD5-A824-4BD3-89D1-0ADAD0887C82.jpeg

Water change once every two weeks and each time change 8 liters.
And something special is i add CO2 to this aquarium during the daytime, This may not be the right way,I know CO2 will reduce the ph so i just add a little . Corals look really enjoyable and they grow faster after I do that.The ph should be higher than 8.0, and I only add CO2 when the light is very strong.
2EFF6B74-E079-4D6A-87D0-FD47FA6E6753.jpeg

My English is poor..... and thank you very much! I will introduce my corals next time.
 
Wow, I love the meticulous detail! Your SPS look like they have great growth! I'm going to have to find your little dosing pumps those are pretty sweet! Looking forward to meeting the corals :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new